Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I learned Cradle Of Filth's "No Time To Cry" Lead Guitar part on bass!

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by metalbass101, Jan 11, 2005.

1. metalbass101

metalbass101

Jan 24, 2004
    I absoulutly love that lead guitar part. It sounds so killer on the song. I had to learn in on bass. I just like it so much that I had to learn it for fun. I actually learned it in a short amount of time. The MX tab I got it from wasn't horiblly acurate, but I made it my own and it sounds awsome. I actually have the rythem and timing down very well and for a detuned 4 string bass it sounds not too far off key-wise.
    I have a distortion and I can tremelo pick it very well.
    It kind of has that "Bark At The Moon" sound to it where it sounds kinda digital almost from sliding and tremelo picking at the same time. Heres where I got it

http://www.mxtabs.net/tab_versions.php?path=Guitar,c,276,Cradle+Of+Filth,No+Time+To+Cry,105622

It's one of those licks where you can play it really slow and still get a good feel of what it's sopposed to be like....

Small sample...

G] 8 7 8 8 7 8 8 7 8 8 10 8 7 8
    D] 10 9 9 10 9

Any one else like to learn lead parts just for fun sometimes?

2. metalbass101

metalbass101

Jan 24, 2004
    /\ /\ /\

It didn't come out right, the small little g string part is all cruched back, nevermind, the "RIFF PART B" thing in the MX says what is is kinda good. Still fun to play.