Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I learned the most excellent trick at work.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mike Money, Jun 18, 2005.

1. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Over cook the pies or cookies by 5 minutes... just enough to burn them a bit...

and the manager will make you put a new tray down, and put the burnt ones in the crew room.

And seeing as I'm addicted to those mcdonalds apple pies...

2. f_london

f_london

Aug 17, 2004
    You are very sneaky sir...

3. I see you found the trick Mr.Money.

Same deal applies to pizza hut if you "Accidently" mess up a pizza.

4. Time Divider

Time Divider Guest

Apr 7, 2005
    Sorry - I don't see anything but dishonesty in this.

Call me old-fashioned.

5. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Those costs get passed on to the customer.

6. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    And all of his earnings will go to buying a larger wardrobe.

7. I did the same thing when I worked at Burger King. Except with burgers or tacos.

8. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    Not to mention the extra swathes of rainforrest getting destroyed to serve Mike M's expanding wardrobe! :D

9. Not really.

Its just taken out of the store budget or the corporation budget, and trust me, they got money to spare ontop of all their other expenses. Stuff gets messed up all the time, it doesn't really effect the prices.

10. Wastage is costed into all sale prices. When you say it comes out of the store or corporation budget, where do you think that budget comes from?

If any of my employees tried that trick, I would regard it as theft.

11. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    When I worked at McDonald's way back when I was 17 before I developed scruples I would put myself in charge of cooking and then boxing up the pies. I would brush an extra bit of butter onto one pie and then as I was boxing them up after they were cooked I would eat that pie.

brad cook

12. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I never had the opportunity to work in the fast food industry. Looks like I was missing out on loads of fun.

-Mike

13. Time Divider

Time Divider Guest

Apr 7, 2005
    Excuse me, but this is wrong. Thou shalt not steal.

14. Mr.Phil

Mr.Phil

Apr 9, 2005
    Upstate NY
    Right or wrong? Not for me to say, but I do like those pies...

15. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    hey, i never said i did it... i just ate the pies and cookies after someone else did it. :p

16. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Actually, it DOES affect the prices that consumers pay. They may write it off, but it still has to be paid for. Writing it off only keeps it from being counted as a stolen item. When you write something off, the cost of the goods being written off are counted at their cost to the company, not at the price consumers get charged. But it still costs.

And besides, since when did it become OK to steal from a company just because they have a lot of money? Repent, sinner!

17. Correct. On a Profit and Loss statement, all the sales are called top line revenue. Cost of goods, payroll, operating expenses and commissions, rent, utilities etc come out of the top line revenue and the remaining dollars become bottom line gross operating profit.

If the sums don't add up, the company either needs to revise its pricing structure or close its doors. Everything related to cost of operating the business must be reflected in the mark up of the product sold, or else you are running your business at a loss.

Although wastage may not look like it affects pricing, believe me it does.

18. matt bass

matt bass

Apr 28, 2003
    Staffs, England
    Mike, another good one for you. If when bagging/boxing nuggets you happen to get that one left over, you can't let it go to waste :D

19. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    I'll be looking for the "Got fired from McDonalds" thread any day now :p

20. Broach_insound

Broach_insound

Jan 25, 2005
    New York
    Mc donalds deserves it.. with t heir evil scheme adding addictive substances to their food to make millions and make everyone obbese.

also everyones not religious ;)