1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

i let our music store adjust my bass

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by dudelove, May 20, 2011.

1. dudelove

dudelove

Apr 16, 2010
    Greenland, Nuuk
    The first Abril I ask our music store if they do some work for swithing tone and bass control on instrument.

First I doubt, because it was in Greenland(Grl) but they do:smug:.
    So I gave them my bass right after i talk to the guy on phone, and he says that they can make it before next week.

A week later i called an find out they dont have the parts, so i have to wait like two three week because of shipping:cool:.

Two and half weeks later I call them, and the guy i talk to says he didnt knew how far it is and they will let the guy who fix instrument call me same day or the day after.

so a week later i couldnt wait any longer so I show up on the store and find out that they just got the parts, and they will let the guy who fix then call if they is some thing

so a week after i called, they sayed they got the wrong parts and they order right parts, with means i have to wait two thee more weeks.

so two weeks after i called, they say the part are on the way and they will call, but typical they didnt call.

so yesterday I showed up one more time they where not happy about that, so I find out they allways hade the parts, exept one problem, the hole was to small. And the part they hade orded, never been sent or orded, with one reason, they dealers didnt have them.

48 days later with lies from they side, I couldnt wait longer, I tall them to make the hole bigger easy job.

:scowl: so I have many reasons to be angry.
    but my quastion is, how much didt it cost to in normal circumstance:eyebrow:
    i dont understand, that they never called for asking or just tell me the truth in the beginning:ninja:

2. I couldn't tell you what it normally costs where you live, as I'm in the USA, but I can tell you this - Get your bass back and take it somewhere else. These people are hacks.
    If you have any musician friends, ask them where they go to have their instruments worked on, and if they like the service there.

3. dudelove

dudelove

Apr 16, 2010
    Greenland, Nuuk
    it not that clever, it cost me around 270-290 USD then I send it from Denmark right before i moved.
    it will cost me the double. not talk about fly tickets, the chepest is around 1450 USD
    welcome to Greenland

4. Phendyr_Loon

Phendyr_Loon

Sep 4, 2010
    I'm sorry to hear that this music store is "jerking you around" as they say here in the states.
    I agree with C.Linton, they don't sound like they know what they're doing, get your bass back before they damage it.
    My suggestion is since you have the unlimited resources of the Internet, do some research on how to do it yourself, something like switching out pots is fairly simple. As for parts, if this music store local to you can get the parts so can you.
    I'm not certain what parts companies ship to your part of the world but there's plenty of guitar parts dealers on EBay who ship internationally.