1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I like d'Addario Prelude...

Discussion in 'Strings [DB]' started by Simon L, Nov 10, 2018.

1. Simon L

Simon L

Sep 8, 2018
    Is something wrong with me, maybe i just don't get it but i like those strings ! There are maybe the best hybrid strings on the market (i know it's steel core) . Dark pizz, easy on the bow, they are not as loud as real hybrid strings but for the price ...they're great!

jallenbass likes this.
  2. Sam Dingle

Sam Dingle Supporting Member

Aug 16, 2011
    New Orleans
    If it works it works. If you’ve tried other strings and still like them then good for you. Much cheaper than other strings

3. I like them too.
    I use them on my EUB, my favorites there!

Randy Ward and Sam Dingle like this.
  4. Simon L

Simon L

Sep 8, 2018
    Félicitations...i bought a Zyex set 3 weeks ago 230$CA...don't like them. I'm a bit upset with the marketing stuff. Ce message provient aussi du Québec.

5. Bienvenue Simon! :)

Simon L likes this.
  6. mooseonbass

mooseonbass Supporting Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Boston
    It took at least a month for me to tolerate my zyex mediums. But then they became good and then I loved them.

7. Rodger Bryan

Rodger Bryan Supporting Member

Jun 17, 2006
    Connecticut
    For our school orchestra basses (around 30 in district), we have switched from buying Super Sensitive to primarily Prelude sets- with a few exceptions for some high school instruments.

The Preludes are forgiving and easy to start with the bow- they never sound like a jar of angry hornets.

HateyMcAmp likes this.
  8. Simon L

Simon L

Sep 8, 2018
    How is the A string on the medium set? Very hard to bow on the light set.

9. HateyMcAmp

HateyMcAmp Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2006
    Denver, Colorado
    This was going to be my feedback. My primary impression of these strings are that they are a dramatic improvement over the Suzuki party-line recommendation of Red Labels. Very much an arco string, but some people and basses like orchestral strings for pizz.

10. mooseonbass

mooseonbass Supporting Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Boston
    Seems to bow just fine but I am not to be trusted with a bow. Sounds great pizz.

Simon L likes this.