Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I live for Rock Show

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by sn0wblind, Jul 20, 2001.

1. sn0wblind

sn0wblind

Apr 20, 2000
    Ontario, Canada
    ALL the friggin' music on all the music stations, and only an hour a week they play good music!!!!!!! MTV sucks MTV2 sucks almost as bad...... And VH1 with all those stoopid movies!!!!! sheeeeeesh!!!!!!!!!!! what a load of crap!!!!!! The only thing good on these crap music channels, is Behind the Music and ROCK SHOW!!!!! woooo hooooo!!!!!

POP music makes me wanna PUKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW!!!! I feel much better now!!! :D

2. Amen. :)

3. B-Note Cowboy

B-Note Cowboy Guest

Jun 13, 2001
    Tulsa, OK
    Tell me why all the musical geniuses like SRV, Jaco, Buddy Holly, Hendrix, Jim Morrison, Janis Joplin etc. etc. seem to die young, while talentless hacks like the Backdoor Boys seem to glide along without hazzard?

Pop music blows.

4. 72beetle

72beetle

Jun 10, 2001
    Phoenix, Arizona
    I hear ya, I remember when MTV actually played videos all the time (hey, remember headbanger's ball?), way back when hbo wasn't even 24 hours.

The only thing music tv channels are good for now is a great game show on VH1 called 'Cover Wars', hosted by Paul Shaffer, where 3 bands compete for gear by playing covers, ordered on the spot by judges, and often in very bizarre styles. It's a gas.

5. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    Get digital cable and watch MTV-X. All rock videos, no commercials (like MTV-2 has). Just nonstop videos. Enough said.

6. BigJH

BigJH

Jan 20, 2001
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Dude, I was thinking about making a tread on this too. I love the rock show. It's the only time that I watch music channels anymore. Too bad it's only one hour and on at midnight. They should devote at least one hour of the day to the show for a year. Also MTV needs to bring back the headbangers ball. I love it when the rock show plays Pantera. They have cool videos of them just doing what they do best. ROCKING and Playing LOUD music.

7. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    Hard Drugs? fast living? :)

(except buddy holly)

8. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    There's an MTV2?

Did they steal the idea from the BBC?

9. cole

cole

Sep 14, 2000
    Maryland
    well, not exactly -- didn't you hear, one of the backstreet boys is entering rehab for alcohol abuse? (maybe he's bunking with Hetfield)

10. B-Note Cowboy

B-Note Cowboy Guest

Jun 13, 2001
    Tulsa, OK
    Yeah I heard about that. I bet their publicist read a poll that said that the wingnuts from NSYNC were rated as hipper than the Backdoor Boys, so they decided to put one of them in rehab to give them that dangerous edge they were losing.

The good thing is that eventually their fanbase will grow up and realize they suck. And by then they will be old news for younger kids.

The bad thing is there is always another boy band around the corner. Damn them.

11. FOE_Bass

FOE_Bass Guest

Jun 29, 2000
    Grass Valley, CA
    My friend has digital cable, and I go over there all the time to watch VH1 Classic Rock. This channel has all the best videos from Rush to Jimi to the Doobie Brothers. It kicks serious ass.

12. no fair! I need digital cable now! how do I get it?? hehe