I lost another pal last night.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mobay45, Sep 10, 2004.

1. Mobay45

Mobay45 The artist formerly known as "Big Daddy"

Apr 28, 2004
    Irving, TX
    My wife and I had to make the decision to have our almost 13 year old cat Simon put down last night. We've had him since he was 3 months old. He was the sweetest, most beautiful cinnamon Ocicat that you have ever seen. It was tough to make the decision, he's had several problems with his health and it's been on the decline since our other cat had to be put down back in May. Although they were different breeds, we got them at the same time and they became inseparable until Trevor died. We will miss them both dearly. They were very loving pets. Sorry to have gone on about this, but I find this to be good therapy. Thanks in advance for your sympathy.

2. Hey Larry,

We just went through this over the summer with our almost 16 year old Cleo (Ms.Kitten). As long as Simon knew he was loved...

Best wishes.
  3. I'm very sorry to hear this, Larry.

Losing a pet is never easy, and only those who have lost one understand this.

Mike :(
  4. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    my condolences, larry. my wife and i lost a cat earlier in the year to cancer. it sucks. :(
  5. I've lost cats due to feline AIDS, a ruptured liver, and hitbycar syndrome, so I definitely know what you're going through. My condolences.
  6. Mobay45

Mobay45 The artist formerly known as "Big Daddy"

Apr 28, 2004
    Irving, TX
    That's why we had to have Trevor put down last May.
    Thanks to all of you for your kind words.
  7. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Larry -

My condolences, I just lost my 17 year old cat to kidney failure a month ago. Having him put down was the HARDEST thing I've ever been through, worse than my divorce....

Remember, he will never be completely gone, as long as you keep him in your thoughts.

RIP Simon, long may you bring a smile to those that loved you.