1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I love being married and I love Talk Bass

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by slobake, May 29, 2012.

1. slobake

slobake resident ... something Supporting Member

I have been married for 28 years . I love it when I come home at night and my wife says “How was your day.” It may not seem like much to some of you but for me it’s huge that someone sincerely cares about me and that I care about someone so much that I put her needs first that I put her needs before mine. Don’t get me wrong we don’t always do a great job of this but we are getting better. Being married is like being a musician. When I got my first guitar I saw myself onstage playing like Hendrix. It was exciting and I couldn’t play it enough. Eventually I realized that playing guitar was going to take a lot of work and commitment. The more I learned the more I enjoyed playing music. The honeymoon period was replaced by a deep commitment and a real joy. I think marriage is the same way. I love it that things that used to irritate my wife and I are now a source of amusement for us. We laugh at ourselves and our struggles to be honest and real with each other. I love her now more than I ever have.
    I know a lot of you have chosen to stay single or are just waiting for the right person. I encourage you to be complete as you are. Our happiness is not really based on other people or even our circumstances but comes from a place inside of us. If you are one of these people I have a lot of respect for you.
    Yes, this is a response (not a reaction) to some earlier posts. I think TB is a great place to create harmony between us. I have seen how so many of us accept each other no matter what are differences are. I have seen many of you debating your differences in a respectful and even fun way, and that is a good thing.

2. tastybasslines

tastybasslines Inactive

May 9, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    Will you be my symbolic TBOT wife?

-------@

3. TB wife? is that kinda like a prison wife?

4. slobake

No, but you can be my Padawan. choose wisely.

5. tastybasslines

tastybasslines Inactive

May 9, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    It's actually a great compliment, with only about 5% sarcasm. I like your outlook on life and marriage. I love TB too and if MY wife did as well along with my playing and gear, my marriage could be even happier.

6. slobake

Thanks tastybass. I was trying to figure out what Tbot meant, anyway that's my excuse and I'm sticking with it. ;) The Padawan offer is still open youngling. :D

7. tastybasslines

tastybasslines Inactive

May 9, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    Tbot - talk bass off topic...

And if i need to talk to someone, I'm sure you could offer excellent advice.

8. RosieB

RosieB

Feb 10, 2009
    I certainly hope you ask back about her day. It's horrible to ask for years and years and never be asked back.

9. slobake

Good point Rosie. Yes, I ask and then I sit back and relax while she answers. ;) It's also a good idea when talk I talk to anyone to ask about them and then listen. It's amazing what I learn when I shut up and listen. Plus all of us have a desire to be known.

10. Thankfully, unlike many of us, you aren't married TO Talkbass :D

11. slobake

Not married, but definetly a friend.

12. Funky Ghost

Funky Ghost Translucently Groovy

TB:OT is just somebody that I used to know...

You're welcome for the song stuck in your head.

13. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

Unlike many, you realize that your wife's day is as important to her as yours is to you. Evidently she realizes the same thing.

Such simple things go a long way towards making a marriage work.

Congrats! (And BTW - that's the same conversation I usually have with my wife.)

14. :D

28 years... Congrats on making it work for so long.:hyper:

15. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    40473.gif

16. slobake, I'm right behind you at 26 years. One of the big things my wife and I have is a deep sense of the shared history we have with each other. We enjoy sitting around talking about things that happened in our years together, some good, some bad, but always shared together. We also appreciate the fact that as we grow older we won't be doing it alone, and we both think that's really important. I've maintained that the worst feeling a human can have is the feeling of loneliness, and having a best friend with you as the years go by is a wonderful feeling. :D

17. slobake

Man, I wish i had said that. You nailed it.

18. slobake

Did you notice that no one ever wins here. ;)

19. Mike M.

Mike M.

Feb 14, 2010
    Congrat's to Slobake, to his wife and to Stratovani and his wife for making it as far as they have. That's quite an accomplishment in this day and age. Many more years to the both of you.

20. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Im pretty sure that little girl is WINNING pretty hard.

Anyways, I love(d) being married. While it lasted. Once.
    Now I just take girls to strip clubs and watch what happens.