I love Fender Jazz

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by birdsg, Jul 1, 2004.

1. birdsg

Dec 18, 2003
    Birmingham England
    In response to all you 'P' lovers out there (which are mighty fine basses as well) I just wanna say

All in black, maple neck and fretboard and super low action, i wouldnt have believed that an off the shelf bass could sound so good. I know Fender have their knockers but when you get a good one you get a good one :)

Thanks for listening

2. Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    And Fender Jazz loves you.

But not in a gay way.
  3. Yeah, I got lucky with my Fender Jazz. I really enjoy playing it and have rid myself of other basses to keep this one company alone. Although I played my bass teacher's 1970s something Precision and it was also very, very sweet.
  4. Did you just buy it? If so..you already broke unwritten rule #1 by failing to provide pics.
    Congrats though...sounds like you got a great bass your happy with...which in the end is all that matters :)

Oh ya...P's rule :D
  5. birdsg

Dec 18, 2003
    Birmingham England
    Bought it about 5 months ago. Seems to get better the more I play it!!

Since you insist heres a pic :)

6. Yup...that right there is a nice looking Jazz.
  7. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Really nice. One of my favorite Fender color combos in black/black with maple f/b.
  8. metron

metron Fluffy does not agree

Sep 12, 2003
    Lakewood Colorado
    I have the exact same bass and I love mine too! :bassist:
  9. Is that an American Deluxe? If so, thats the exact bass I want further down the road. Beatiful! In Fender Frontline 2004, Oscar Cartaya is leanin on one exactly like it too. How do you like the Montego Black (assuming its a Am. Deluxe)? If its not, has anyone seen Montego Black? Oh, and Jazz Basses definately rock!
  10. birdsg

Dec 18, 2003
    Birmingham England
    No its not the deluxe, its the plain old standard - although there is some confusion on the names of the fender ranges that I have seen in another thread. Its not even one of the latest models with the S1 switch - just nice and plain and simple with bags of tone and warmth.
    Hope you get your bass soon!

11. I think we should turn this into another show your Jazz thread since the other ones so old and half the pictures are dead. With your approval of course. ;)
  12. birdsg

Dec 18, 2003
    Birmingham England
    My approvals not needed..go for it!

13. geeyza

Apr 6, 2004
    cool looking bass,niceone mate,well done.
    happy grooving :))
  14. SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB
    One day I'll have a Geddy Lee Jazz... :hyper:
  15. metron

metron Fluffy does not agree

Sep 12, 2003
    Lakewood Colorado
    Swapped the white gaurd with a black one eh? I was going to ask if its one of the new American series basses with the S1 switch because they come with black gaurds. I have the older MIA without S1. I had to switch the white p/g with black! :D

What strings do you use? I have tried many different types but I find that DR lo-riders or hi-beams bring out the best in the bass! :bassist:

16. [​IMG]
  17. jbass

Mar 22, 2004
    Got two of those, older one's a 60' and recently bought a 62' reissue.

Jake D.
  18. just got a new MIM fender jazz bass at GC yesterday..it has a really nice natural ash finish so i shelled out alittle more for it than the standard finishes...the salesman told me that was a GC exclusive(the natural ash finish on the MIM)i dont know how true or false that is but either way after a few small adjustments it plays like a dream... :cool:
  19. I'd love Fender Jazz basses a little more, too, if that was my Fender Jazz bass. Nice looking bass, bro.