Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I love Fender Jazz

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by birdsg, Jul 1, 2004.

1. birdsg

birdsg

Dec 18, 2003
    Birmingham England
    In response to all you 'P' lovers out there (which are mighty fine basses as well) I just wanna say

I LOVE MY FENDER JAZZ :hyper:

All in black, maple neck and fretboard and super low action, i wouldnt have believed that an off the shelf bass could sound so good. I know Fender have their knockers but when you get a good one you get a good one :)

Thanks for listening

Steve

2. Eyescream

Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    And Fender Jazz loves you.

But not in a gay way.

3. Yeah, I got lucky with my Fender Jazz. I really enjoy playing it and have rid myself of other basses to keep this one company alone. Although I played my bass teacher's 1970s something Precision and it was also very, very sweet.

4. Did you just buy it? If so..you already broke unwritten rule #1 by failing to provide pics.
    Congrats though...sounds like you got a great bass your happy with...which in the end is all that matters :)

Oh ya...P's rule :D

5. birdsg

birdsg

Dec 18, 2003
    Birmingham England
    Bought it about 5 months ago. Seems to get better the more I play it!!

Since you insist heres a pic :)

Steve

6. Yup...that right there is a nice looking Jazz.

7. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Really nice. One of my favorite Fender color combos in black/black with maple f/b.

8. metron

metron Fluffy does not agree

Sep 12, 2003
    Lakewood Colorado
    I have the exact same bass and I love mine too! :bassist:

9. Is that an American Deluxe? If so, thats the exact bass I want further down the road. Beatiful! In Fender Frontline 2004, Oscar Cartaya is leanin on one exactly like it too. How do you like the Montego Black (assuming its a Am. Deluxe)? If its not, has anyone seen Montego Black? Oh, and Jazz Basses definately rock!

10. birdsg

birdsg

Dec 18, 2003
    Birmingham England
    No its not the deluxe, its the plain old standard - although there is some confusion on the names of the fender ranges that I have seen in another thread. Its not even one of the latest models with the S1 switch - just nice and plain and simple with bags of tone and warmth.
    Hope you get your bass soon!

Steve

11. I think we should turn this into another show your Jazz thread since the other ones so old and half the pictures are dead. With your approval of course. ;)

12. birdsg

birdsg

Dec 18, 2003
    Birmingham England
    My approvals not needed..go for it!

I LOVE FENDER JAZZ..

13. geeyza

geeyza

Apr 6, 2004
    boozer
    cool looking bass,niceone mate,well done.
    happy grooving :))

14. SlavaF

SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB
    One day I'll have a Geddy Lee Jazz... :hyper:

15. metron

metron Fluffy does not agree

Sep 12, 2003
    Lakewood Colorado
    Swapped the white gaurd with a black one eh? I was going to ask if its one of the new American series basses with the S1 switch because they come with black gaurds. I have the older MIA without S1. I had to switch the white p/g with black! :D

What strings do you use? I have tried many different types but I find that DR lo-riders or hi-beams bring out the best in the bass! :bassist:

16. [​IMG]
    Treena

17. jbass

jbass

Mar 22, 2004
    Got two of those, older one's a 60' and recently bought a 62' reissue.

18. Mind Eroded

Mind Eroded Supporting Member

Apr 25, 2003
    Brooklyn/Buffalo, NY
    just got a new MIM fender jazz bass at GC yesterday..it has a really nice natural ash finish so i shelled out alittle more for it than the standard finishes...the salesman told me that was a GC exclusive(the natural ash finish on the MIM)i dont know how true or false that is but either way after a few small adjustments it plays like a dream... :cool:

19. Nice man! We need pics!

20. I'd love Fender Jazz basses a little more, too, if that was my Fender Jazz bass. Nice looking bass, bro.