Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I LOVE GC!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by seungkoo, Dec 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seungkoo

seungkoo Banned

Nov 20, 2003
    MD
    so i bought my new MIA fender jazz deluxe V 2 weeks ago....i returned the MIM p-bass special i bought a month ago and they were suppose to charge me an extra 800 for the jazz....well when i got there i didnt have my GC card cuz it was lost and they called the credit card company and the credit card company made me change account #'s for safety reasons....soo they had a 550dollar balance on there from the p-bass purchase which was transfered to my new account #...hers the kicker...on my new receipt they charged me for the extra 800 + 550...and they were suppose to return 550 to me before this transaction...now it all got hectic by now we were on the phone with the card company for a good 30min....as i look at the receipt now it has my old acocunt # on it and not my new i dont have my new accoutn # but i kno that the last 4 digits of the accoutn number should change but it didnt on the receipt...i called the credit card company thrice today to make sure wut my balance was and when i typed in my old account it said i had $0 balance $0 credit available....then i talked to 3 different reps and they all said that i have no made any transactions on my new account except the original p-bass purchase which was a month ago...so guitar center tried to rip me off and charge me extra 550 on my card cuz they never returned that transaction for the return....and it came back to them and now i got $800 off my new MIA jazz deluxe V...just wanted to say i love them for it they try to screw me and they lost money and now i got a $550 deluxe with a vintage tweed case...did i hit some kind of loop hole here??? they just messed up real bad rite???

2. Which GC is it?

if it's the one in Rockville,then I need to shop there:)

3. membranophone

membranophone

Mar 19, 2000
    Madison, WI
    :confused:

4. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Dear Lord in Heaven I'm BLIND!

5. 20db pad

20db pad

Feb 11, 2003
    I been everywhere, man...
    None. At all.
    Here's the plan - catch a major corporation in a financial mistake and holler all about it while posting exact figures - anonymously or not - in front of a potential audience of tens of thousands of Talk Bass members.

Works for me.:meh:

7. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Owner, Looperlative Audio Products
    Chuckle chuckle chuckle

Did I tell you about my experience ripping off... :D

8. bovinehost

bovinehost

Dec 5, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: Ernie Ball Music Man/Sterling By Music Man
    I'm not clear on what happened here. Did it have something to do with a bass?

9. Wow, a whole paragraph and not a single period!

Not counting the ones he strung together... :rolleyes:

10. pilotjones

pilotjones Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2001
    US-NY-NYC
    My bet is that he gets a letter within the next month from the credit card company asking for the balance.

11. pilotjones

pilotjones Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2001
    US-NY-NYC
    I LOVE PUNCTUATION!!!

12. If something unfortunate happens to a consumer, the community is served by spreading that information, not by covering it up.

It might have been a honest mistake. But the antidote to free speech is more free speech, not censure, or censorship. Capice???

13. If something unfortunate happens to a consumer, the community is served by spreading that information, not by covering it up.

It might have been a honest mistake. But the antidote to free speech is more free speech, not censure, or censorship. Capice???

14. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    Dude, you got screwed. In a good way though. Kind of like when someone makes you bend over and then you discover you liked it. But you did the right thing, you told us about it. Can't keep that stuff inside. The real question is, do you like the gear or are you going to sell it again?

15. bill h

bill h

Aug 31, 2002
    small town MN

16. I don't think anybody was questioning this fellow's right to free speech; rather, his wisdom in posting the gory details for all to see. It's essentially bragging about theft. At least I think it is--not completely sure because it was extremely difficult to read.

17. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    run on sentence abortion run on sentence abortion run on sentence abortion run on sentence abortion run on sentence abortion run on sentence abortion run on sentence abortion run on sentence abortion run on sentence abortion run on sentence abortion run on sentence abortion run on sentence abortion run on sentence abortion run on sentence abortion run on sentence abortion run on sentence abortion run on sentence abortion run on sentence abortion run on sentence abortion run on sentence abortion run on sentence abortion run on sentence abortion run on sentence abortion

18. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    [holds out a big stinky pile of dawg-sh!t in his hands]

"Dude!... Look what I almost stepped in!!!"

19. OnederTone

OnederTone Aguilar Everywhere Gold Supporting Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Thornton, CO
    any body else smell bad karma?

Thread Status: