1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I love GGG

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by jucas, Feb 28, 2008.

1. jucas

jucas

Dec 14, 2003
    Alberta
    Well, I've mentioned this in other threads, but I'm a huge fan of GeneralGuitarGadgets

Just got these guys in the mail... and the customer service was excellent as always.

aquarium001-1.

Saves me doing the one DIY step I don't have the facilities or patience (seriously, I HATE drilling) to do. And, I think that the little black 1590B's are my new favorite enclosre and that I'm pretty much going to put anything that'll fit inside into one of those from here on.

I highly recomend them for kits or drilled enclosures. I think its a few bucks more than the alternative, but the amount of info they've provided on the site and DIY stompboxes.com make it more than worth the few dollars in my mind.

That is all... you can all go back to talking about effects now!

2. SpankyPants

SpankyPants That's Mr. SpankyPants to you.

Aug 24, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    Dude, that's awesome. Thumbs up.

3. dannybuoy

dannybuoy

Aug 3, 2005
    England
    Careful what you say on here from now on - we know where you live! ;)

4. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    I dig GGG too. JD does good work.

5. Stu L.

Stu L.

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    I prefer PPP (Pedal Parts Plus), mostly because of the fact that LA to TX for shipping is just a couple of days. I've also noticed lately that they are carrying more parts, which is great. Small Bear has a ton of stuff, but it takes forever to get from NY to TX.

Unfortunately, many of my pedals lately are a little too custom for predrilled boxes. And I powdercoat them myself, which I enjoy too.

6. jucas

jucas

Dec 14, 2003
    Alberta
    Ooops...

Yeah... I just looked at PPP after seeing a thread on here, but most of the boxes I've been looking at are in slightly different configurations and I use smallbear for most of the components. Being in Canada shipping is pretty much the same whererver I order from though.

7. Stu L.

Stu L.

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    For a Small Bear order, what kind of time frame are you looking at? I have about a week from the time it ships :scowl:

8. K2000

K2000

Nov 16, 2005
    Brooklyn
    Small Bear was slow shipping from NY to NY... I live maybe 5 miles away, and my order took 10 days.

9. Stu L.

Stu L.

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    Wow, at least it's not just me :D I could go to Mouser, but I usually don't know enough about about what I need :meh:

10. ...are those blue ice cubes :confused:

11. Stu L.

Stu L.

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    I noticed those earlier too. I thought they were just made with Canadian water :bag:

12. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    they are the latest in beverage cooling... they are washable and refreezable... won't water down the booze because they don't melt.

I just ordered stuff for my first DIY build... PPP and Mouser got my order :bassist:

13. BassJunkie730

BassJunkie730

Feb 3, 2005
    Brooklyn
    Whoa - Black boxes!

When did JD start doing those?

or is that a super special under tha table thing

AND - will his BMP kit fit in them as I know the 1590 enclosure is a bit smaller than the 125B

14. jonpopu

jonpopu

Nov 3, 2006
    Chicago
    Seems like they would also make my booze taste like plastic:bawl:

15. jucas

jucas

Dec 14, 2003
    Alberta
    Yeah, they're little fish shaped icecubes (gift with some whiskey that I found in my freezer from the girlfriend). You'de think it'd add a plastic flavor, but after a good washing it doesn't really seem too, or at least its better than watery freezer flavored booze.

The black boxes are the standard on the 1590B's according to the website. I doubt that their big muff kit would fit in that small a box, but I could be wrong... its tough to say as I added a couple tone cap switches to mine and it ended up being tight-ish in a 125B.