Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I love (& hate) GC!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by jondog, May 26, 2003.

1. jondog

jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    GC's big "List" sale was today. I usually don't like to shop there, but I was tempted by the big sale so I got there at 8 am. I didn't win the guitar they gave away, and they didn't mark down the Mutron III like they said they would, and it took 45 minutes to checkout (this is the hate part in case you couldn't tell), but I got some *smokin'* deals!

Danowah - $15 (new!)
    Roadkill distortion - $30 (this might be regular price but it's a MIA Brat clone and I've been wanting one)
    MusicMan Bass Case - $10 (used, does not fit my basses, so I don't think it's a real MM case, but it's solid and cheap and I'm going to get an SX short scale in June so it's cool)
    Samson 240W poweramp - $29
    Alesis Microlimiter - $10
    Casio VZ-8m Synth module - $10 (fun sounds, I've been playing w/ it all day!)

and a free t-shirt! But the shirt logo rips off The Clash's London Calling cover, so it's not that cool, but free is free.

Did anybody else go today?

2. Stupidnick

Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002
    ...my room...
    yeahhhh
    I didn't win the guitar either man.
    I had a good time.
    My ex guitarist, jordan(fro boy) got a 12 channel mackie mixer(DFX12) for 200 bucks.

I bought a Wuhan China cymbal for 10 bucks.
    I got a full set of heads for 25 bucks too.

yeah!!!!!

3. Phhtttt... The only thing guitar center has done for me is sell an effects pedal that I keep losing the adaptor for and some crappy livewire cable for 10 bucks that broke a week later. Guitar Center sux, ill stick to my Musicians superstore.