Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I love meat.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Brendan, Jan 19, 2004.

1. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Seriously. I made myself a cheeseburger tonight for dinner. As I was eating it, my roomate (who's a bit of a... eh, doofus) says out of the blue, "Brendan, I hope that one day you find happiness."
    I says "I've got happiness right here."

And man, ain't that the truth? Really, does any thing beat a good hunk of meat? Steak, babyback ribs, porchops, hamburger, the mighty bacon, chicken, turkey...

I ususally, if ever make superfluous threads, so indulge me here, folks.

Meat rocks. I have no idea how vegitarians do it. I could never give up meat. Dead flesh roasted to perfection is, well, perfect!

MEAT!

2. I know what you mean. It's like being in heaven when taking a bite into a hamburger! Then when it's all gone...your back to nothingness :bawl:

3. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    amen brutha

4. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    meat rocks. What else can I say. I can make a mean steak, but I am going to make a habit of eating a burger every week or so. Soy sauce mixed with the hamburger before you cook makes it really juicy and tasty!

5. My bro makes these killer blue cheeseburgers. He takes the hamburger meat. finely chops up some garlic and mixes it in. Then he adds some spices and grades some blue cheese then puts it in. Mixes it all together and cooks. Once your done, throw it on a bun, put on some ketchup, mustard and BBQ sauce and yum yum yum! It's awesome.

6. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    I always say to myself when I go to McDonalds, "I'm gonna get a chicken sandwich...,, yeah,,,, better for me, and don't taste half bad".

Till I see the holy grail of hamburger, the greasy kill your heart double 1/4 pounder.

Chicken.

Ha.

68Goldfish likes this.
  7. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Come and have a meatshake try one today...

well may I take your order?

yea my wife would like a shake

What flavor would you like we have; chicken, pork and steak. We also have our special of the month, it's Turkey Jerky, so which one will it be?

Oh I think that you mis-heard me. Maybe I just spoke to softly or you just didn't listen

you said you want a shake

yeah but then you mentioned chicken?

or steak or pork or turkey-jerky

right, I'm confused

oh, I see you're not familiar with the ingredients we use.

First we take a mixture of the sweetest dairy creams, combine it with your meat of choice, then add cheese and beans, we blend it in a juicy batter then we stir it up, then add the secret syrup and we serve it in a cup

YUCK!, that sounds disgusting

I see you're not excited, but wait until you try it, you'll want it in your diet.

it's a fun and tasty way to eat your daily beef, and it's very very smooth, you don't have to use your teeth.

It's kind of like the food a pregnant woman gives her fetus, it'll build you up and make you STRONG

wait, people really eat this?!

yes, we've served to half a million and they've all been satisfied, we're opening new location and expanding nationwide.

okay, wait, back to the shake...all you have is meat? but what about strawberry, chocolate or peach?

well, we do have vanilla...

now THAT sounds delicious

but it's vanilla ham, we only make it during christmas.

maybe you'd be happier to go across the street, you can eat at veggie hut were they don't use any meat.

they play world music so it's perfect for a hippy, you can talk about communism, meat-hating sissy.

what?

yeah beat it you granolas

we're not granolas

shouldn't you be reading dianetics or something?

honey that's so rude he just called me a sissy right to my face

yeah beat it.

Need Gigs likes this.
  8. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    1/4? Wusses run fast food chains. I make mine 2/3s or 3/4, depending on the day (3/4s is a rare day, though. Thems day's of being utterly ravenous). We're talking nearly a pound of hamburger made into a patty and then cooked.

It's bigger than some lap dogs. McDonalds can weep silently in a corner to the mighty hamburgers that I cook.

I love it. :D

9. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    aww dang, it's at this moment when, if I was more savvy, I'd post a picture of a friend of mine's birthday burger.

it was his 18th birthday, and we had a big party, my other friend, a very competent chef, made him a burger the size of a dinner plate.

actually, probably bigger than most dinner plates.

it was about 12-13 inchs diameter, and about 4-6 inches high.

that thing was divine, working at his mom's restaurant/bakery, the chef friend(also a bassist) was able to get a bun to fit this thing, it was a sight to be seen, wow.

10. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    They have a hamburger joint in FL, where they serve the Headhunter. If you can finish it, you get a free meal. I've seen it, and if I didn't want to spend $16 on a hamburger, I would have laid it to waiste (pun).

The chain Ruby Tuesday serves the Collosal Burger, which is about 1 lb. of meat after it's done being cooked. In two patties, it's like the Big Mac from HELL.

It was delicious.

11. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    *Refrains from gay jokes*

I like Denny's Hamburgers... and McDonald's kids meal burgers... Hell... I like all the hamburgers. I have never EVER had one that was actually gross.

12. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA

I will pay for said big hamburger. Send it thru mail, I figure as long as it's packed in that fun "Popping" paper, the grease won't run to bad, and I get a hamburger worthy of a heart attack, Mr. Brendan.

I never thought about making my own, jeez I'm lazy.

13. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I don't know if the postal service will let people send anything other than fruitcake in the mail...

14. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    Connecticut
    m
    Theres nothing like a belly full of cow! I prefer to make them myself. They taste much better.

I hate McSh** burgers! You never know whats been on them, or in them!!

[​IMG]

15. Easy, make another and eat it verrrry sloooww.

*Dies from lack of oxygen*

16. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    My friend has been in LA for a week on business. They've taken him out to dinner every night and even the finest restaurants seem to have menues that consisted mainly of meat dishes. He came back to Australia today with the impression you guys were addicted to steak.

I'm gonna forward him a link to this thread :)

17. Mmm... Meat.

Vive la viande!

18. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    [​IMG]

19. I hungry. A Wendy's tripple 1/4 pounder is calling my name. :)

20. BOING!!! :D

The Lord hath provided potatos for my sustenance. :rolleyes: :p

Mike :D