1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

i love my avatars

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by clanner, Jan 2, 2007.

1. clanner

clanner Token Black Guy.

Apr 27, 2005
    ummmmm, marietta GA
    I've been going back and fourth on cabs for months as many of you know and I finally pulled the triggers on 2 avatar b2x12 neo cabs. I got them in less than a week and they arrived in time for our gig before Christmas. so far I've used them live twice and recorded with them an so far they sound phenomenal.

They are not quite as boomy as my 810, but I can EQ it in if I want and the projection is much better than my 810. there's this interesting very slight strain to get some of the higher notes but that may be because my tweeter is either off or nearly off, either way, it's a sound I like.

I will admit that they are not the cabinet for everyone but they are much lighter than my 810 which almost weighs as much as I do around 200+.

Not quite a review but a summary.

If Dave started making neo 1x15's (8 ohm or 4 ohm) or neo 2x15's (8 or 4 ohm) I'd definitely buy one and if he even thinks about making a 4 or 8 ohm 4x12 I'll definitely order them the day he announces it.

all in all. some of my favorite cabs.

2. gkbass13

gkbass13 Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2006
    New York
    very cool. i might be jumping onto the 2x12 bandwagon shortly. congrats!

3. tjh

tjh

Mar 22, 2006
    Minnesota
    interesting summary/review ... kind of goes along with what I have thought and heard about the 410/212 Avatar Neo's ... the 212 seems to be the mid punchier of the two, and the 410 seems to be the more bottom responsive ... just the opposite of what you would think ... I have the 112 and 210 Deltas, and that is just the opposite as would be expected ... I had a 210 Neo for a short while, and couldnt believe the low end response from it ... it sounded more like my 112 than the other 210 ... interesting ...

4. spencer

spencer Guest

Feb 22, 2006
    I like my Avatar 2x10 but that might be because I never used another cab...

5. I got the 1x12 neo, love it

6. clanner

clanner Token Black Guy.

Apr 27, 2005
    ummmmm, marietta GA
    it isn't very bass heavy, but it has enough bass response when i bost the bass to max or adjust the graphic eq. th mids are usually set 3/4 of the way and the highs about 1/3. i boost the frquencies around 250-40 hz for that growl and slight thump.

once again, trying to be unbiased but i live this thing.

btw, the head is the Kustom 1200HD.