1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I "LOVE" my Classic Vibe P Bass.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 1SHOT1HIT, Jun 10, 2012.

1. 1SHOT1HIT

1SHOT1HIT

Feb 17, 2012
    USA
    When I first bought it about a month ago I wasn't sure about it.
    I was pretty much only used to playing my Pre CBS jazz. And to say that the jazz sounds and feels better & certainly more comfortable to me is an understatement.

However over this past week or so, I've been teaching myself more techniques like slapping & finger style funk lines and so on.
    Well feeling as though I've been neglecting the CV P, I made it a point to at least pull it out for a few minutes each day.
    Probably about 80% on my Jazz and 20% spent on the CV-P.

Well after some adjustments to the amp settings, and adding a few effects through my pedal, such as a funk phaser setting it has, I've noticed that it has a VERY unique feel to it when compared to what's comfortable to me.
    Yesterday and the previous day I found myself not just making sure to play the CV-P but actually opening its hard she'll case first.
    Even last night playing it last which is not the norm.
    I found myself getting up this morning & eagerly anticipating playing it again.

This bass is AWESOME in so many ways, really can't get over it's overall quality and sound for such an affordable almost entry level bass.
    I played a USA American Standard at GC the other day and while it was a nice bass, better weight and balance, I personally feel like the CV is just as nice and in my opinion slightly nicer up and down the neck.
    I don't know the American Standard just had a generic feel to it, if that makes sense.

Long story short, I freaking LOVE this Squier more and more each day. I can't wait to get a CV Jazz to add to the stable as well. Just haven't been able to find one at the same time I have the funds to purchase it, I'm always either one week too soon , or one week too late.
    Really kicking myself for not grabbing the 2 I've seen go for $200 in the classifieds recently.

Okay sorry just wanted to share, have a great weekend everyone. I'm going to play me bass'

2. shaginwagin

shaginwagin

Apr 2, 2012
    Arizona
    Im pretty new here and am honored to be the one to say...

No pics, nooooo bass!

3. rocmonster

rocmonster

Oct 31, 2011
    Good for you ONE SHOT, and here is some more good news, I'd be happy to take that old Jazz and trade it for a brand new Squier CV of your choice!

j/k, enjoy your new found love.

4. 1SHOT1HIT

1SHOT1HIT

Feb 17, 2012
    USA
    Ahh , you ALMOST had me but you see it's sitting right there in my avatar.
    If I wasnt on my phone I'd post a better one.

5. 1SHOT1HIT

1SHOT1HIT

Feb 17, 2012
    USA
    You know as tempting as that is, I think I'm gonna decline, I'm a gluten for punishment I know.

I really don't want to put you out in any way.