1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I love my Empress Para Eq but the knobs are too small, ug!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Bassometer, Nov 20, 2018.

1. Well that pretty much sums up how I feel about my this pedal. I am a non-pedal user (although I have dabbled a few times with compression). The Para EQ is very powerful (too powerful), I use it mostly to take out the baked-in tone of my Phil Jones and Gallien Krueger amps. Once I figure out what the frequency, I widen the Q and play with it until I can tame the Phil boom, the GK gank or perk up the brightness of my Quilter.. It's also good for reducing "room boom".

But here is the problem, the knobs are tiny, the pedal is small and it moves around. I normally sit it on top of one of my heads. I dont really want stick velcro to the top of my amps. I really wish this pedal was 1.5 to 2 times bigger.

I dont want to sell it but I find it hard to change the settings when the light is low. Anybody else have this issue?

2. Prop it up on an 45° angle and it’ll be earlier to see & use. A wedge of firm foam, or an iPad cover that flips and transforms into a stand, etc.

Stick on each knob a glow in the dark fret dot marker to read the settings in low light. Or swap out & install different dials on it to suit your fingers.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2018
    Gearhead17 likes this.
    Groove Doctor likes this.