Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I LOVE MY FRETLESS

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MCT, Dec 6, 2005.

1. MCT

MCT

Apr 11, 2005
    I bought this bass about a year ago, and was never satisfied with the sound of it. It's a Mexi fretless Jazz. I eventualy bought a badass II for it becuase the saddles on the stock bridge were horrid and slid all over the place. I take it to the local shop to get it installed and he does a set-up for it as well. When I got it back... OOOOO WEEE was it good. I really don't know what happened but it just sounded so much better. For the longest I hated the way the fingerboard sounded, but now it's like a completely different bass. I don't know what changed but I know the action is better because my A doesn't rattle all over the place neither does the G. I guess I just needed a set up... well this rant is over here's a pretty bad pic of my bass

[​IMG]

2. Glad you got your jazz sorted. Fretless is such fun and even after 20 years playing, my love for the fretless tone has not died.

Matthew