Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

i love my Ibanez

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Rafterman, Apr 26, 2001.

1. i love my Ibanez SR-506 (w/ ADXS pickups, 6-string)...i love the way it sounds and feels...all i need now is a better amp!!! my Squier BP 15 watt amp just sounds horrible...when i hit that B-string...i get so much fuzz!!!...it can't handle active basses' power and deep sound...i played it on my church's Ampeg (50 watts) and it sounded like "Heaven"...Ampegs are good...

how long do you're 9 volt batteries last on your active basses?
    how often do you play and how long do the batteries last you?...i'm asking this so i don't waste my batteries

2. Its great to see that youre enjoying your bass. My recomendation for an amp would be something more powerful then your gonna need with the next year or so. If you gonna play any type of music with a drummer, you should shoot for at least 150 watts, probably more. Get a job, save money, and get a cool amp. If I had any money right now, Id grab a carvin Combo, 600 watts in a 2x10 or the cyclops, holy cow!

sorry for the ramble :D

3. ubersam

ubersam

Oct 12, 2000
    L.A.
    I used to play through an Ampeg BA-112, line out to a P.A. It was O.K. for a while, but I got to the point that I wanted more (GAS!). I was considering a Carvin rig of some sort, R600 or R1000 + 2x10 or the RC210. They offer pretty competetive bang-for-buck.
    I agree. I found a used Eden WT-600 at a good price and ended up with that. I may not need all 600 watts of it for the time being, but it's nice to know that it's there should I have need for it.
    I have an SR885 (ADX5 pups + preamp), playing 2 nights a week, the battery seems to last about 2 months. Although, whenever I'm in doubt about the battery's power, I change it.