1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I love my Musicman Sterling

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by rob_the_bassist, Mar 5, 2008.

1. Just putting it out there. I had a rehearsal today. It kicked major @$$. The finger and the slap tones are unbelievable through my Little Mark II with the threeway selector switch all the way back.

just had to tell someone how much i dig the bass other than the members of the band. thanks

2. i got a sterling sub bass, it gives a great kick in the bollocks in my band too! want to get the real deal but lack of money is the main problem!!

but yet i agree...sterlings are sweeeeet

3. Love the way the Sterling sounds in the band setting.

4. vcs700s

vcs700s

Nov 17, 2006
    Stephenson, VA
    Ditto. Love mine too.:hyper:

5. DeanT

DeanT Send lawyers, guns and money...

The StingRay gets all the love. The Bongo gets all the chicks. But the Sterling is the unsung hero of EBMM's bass lineup.

6. snyderz

snyderz

Aug 20, 2000
    AZ mountains
    Preaching to the choir.

7. smurfco

smurfco Supporting Member

Mar 16, 2007
    Stamford, CT
    Big +1 - love mine.

8. +10000 Love mine

9. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    somebody buy me one =[

10. i have to try a stingray. i used to have one but it didn't wow me. i think its time i try one again but for now that sterling sounds and plays pretty damn good

11. peabody

peabody Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2002
    La Crosse, WI
    They are great basses. While they're light and have endless tonal variations, my favorite feature is the neck. Of all the basses I've had over the years, I like the neck on my Sterling most of all.

12. I got one, it sits under my bed waiting for the day for me to love it again. Dont think it will be anytime soon though. I hate the skinny neck after playing my p for so long!

13. RandomEvent

RandomEvent

Nov 10, 2007
    I've tried to sell my Sterling three times, all in favor of new things. But in the end I always come right back to it. I seriously hope her feelings aren't hurt...

Anyway, Sterlings are full of win. I agree with this entire topic.

14. +1 Love the neck, the construction and the tonal possibilities.

15. lawsonman

lawsonman

Dec 19, 2005
    NW IL
    For me,there's nothing better.It does it all.:)