Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I love my new band.... even my guitarist!!!

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by soundoholic, Mar 25, 2004.

1. So I joined a new band about a month ago and every player is top notch. Here is the real kicker. The soundman has to ask the guitarist to turn up!!!! Just about every night he has to so that his mic on his amp can pick up his signal better. It's crazy. The drummer is a total machine, he plays in time!!! What a freaking concept! Also, I have been using inear monitors the past month. I have never been a better musician, I suggest you invest in some if you can.

I've never been in a band where I was more excited to go to rehersal than to play in front of a crowd. Just thought I'd share. Check out are new website that's still under construction at Juddhoos.com

Yes I know it's a stupid band name but it is original, and we are a rock band not a country band like the band name implies.

2. Sundogue

Sundogue

Apr 26, 2001
    Wausau, WI
    I know just how you feel. I'm in a band with an excellent guitar player and drummer too.

It's nice to play with other musicians that actually grasp the concept of being professional. Also, those guys are the nicest people...no egos (though for as talented as they are, they could get away with it) which is a really cool environment to be in as a bass player.

3. vegaas

vegaas

Nov 6, 2001
    Milwaukee
    Congrats on that. Its amazing how many difficult musicians there are. My band is going through a restructuring after an ego problem with one member.
    Good luck, and hopefully the big E never rears it ugly head.

4. Sundogue

Sundogue

Apr 26, 2001
    Wausau, WI
    When I am auditioning for a new band, I feel they are auditioning for me as well.

I feel it is equally, if not more, important that they have personalities that make it easy to work with them. I won't play in a band, no matter how talented the musicians are, if any one of them are a hassle to deal with at all.

5. I agree. I would rather be a ****ty band and work at being good than a good band that was hard to get along with and could never progress.

6. Schwinn

Schwinn

Dec 4, 2002
    Sarasota, FL
    That's cool. I can say the same thing about my new band as well. I even like the guitarist (although he is loud). Being in the right band makes all of the difference to me. I'm playing better than I ever have too. What in-ear set up did you guys get? We were talking about getting in-ear last week.

7. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada
    Those pictures are great!

I always tell my drummer to play better. he says "why?" then I respond "I'm S^ it with out you"

8. We are all using shure in ears, except the guitarist who uses a cabinet-monitor. I was using E5's but will have to step down for atleast awhile as I was borrowing them. I imagine I'll like the e5's too much and will have to spend the 300$ for them. I've heard for drums and bass the e5's are the way to go. I'll be gigging with e2's for the first time this weekend and I'll let you know what I think of the difference.

9. Schwinn

Schwinn

Dec 4, 2002
    Sarasota, FL
    Thanks!

I was just thinking the other day that I was done buying gear because I have what I need for bass...But now! I got to help buy band stuff like a PA and monitoring system.

Well, there is more bass gear I need now too...gear buying never seems to end.

10. Perfect-Tommy

Perfect-Tommy

Mar 28, 2004
    Ohio
    Do me a favour.... "Get thee some MP3s on thine website." Looking at your gig pictures, it looks like a good time! I want to hear it too :p

I love all you guys(and gals ;)) that are in bands, have websites and have mp3s on your site. I love to put a sound to the posters :D