I Love my SANS AMP!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Scooby D, Oct 17, 2000.

1. Scooby D

Scooby D

Oct 3, 2000
    Hi, Scooby here! Are there any other Sans Amp Bass Driver fans besides me out there? This little box totally kicks major buttcheeks! It even makes a cheapo Rogue bass sound GREAT! I wish that I would have gotten one of these years ago.It does take a little time to tweak it out but once you find your sound, youv'e Got it! See ya, Scooby!!
  2. you should rephrase the question to "are there any sans amp di haters" because this box kicks ass, i havnt met one person that didnt like it. the only thing is that it will only make your sound better, if you already got great sounds then you cant really improve it.
  3. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Shoot-fire. It even makes my Roscoe Beck sound better, if you can imagine that. Also, it makes my SWR WM-12 sound like, heck, you name it ... Ampeg, Eden, Aguilar, Ashdown, Fafner ... HOLY MOLY!

But seriously, folks, it is indeed bitchen. What more could one ask?
  4. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    THis thing totally kicks &$@. I have to admit, I was a little skeptical when my salesman told me that I had to have one of them. Not any more. THis little black box made a HUGE improvement on my sound, which I thought was pretty good to start with. And it sounds great for recording too.
    If you don't already have one of these---GO GET ONE!!! You will not be disappointed.

5. Best money I've spent recently!
  6. Same here! It's a great DI box and so much more!Well worth it!
  7. Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    I tried one out Sunday for the first time and I absolutly loved it. I got to have one as soon as I pay off the MusicMan thats the next thing on my list. I couldn't believe the fat sound you get out of it.
  8. phil_chew

Mar 22, 2000
    I used my Sans Amp DI box just last night at an outdoor venue. With it my sound went into the PA system as well as my stage amp. It sounded incredibly good. Even the sound men had good things to say about it, and that's rare considering the natural enmity between sound guys and bassists.
  9. Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    I'm a happy guy Zoomboy found me a SansAmp at a local music store for 110 bucks used but like new condition in the box with instructions. What A Deal!!! :D
    Thanx Zoomboy!!!!
  10. brewer9

Jul 5, 2000
    Is this similar to the Bass Pod?
  11. No. The POD is a digital multi-effect/amp simulator. The best semi-description I can come up with for the Sansamp Bass Driver DI is that if you took a Sadowsky type outboard preamp (black box with tone knobs) and a direct box and put them together you'd get a Sansamp. It's basically a DI with some by-passable tone shaping controls. It's a quality piece of gear IMHO. I love mine.
  12. RandyWest

Nov 2, 2000
    Hell yeah, SansAmp is a rockin little box. When I go out to do demos thats all I bring. Sure made my life easier.

13. I recorded an album with the rack mounted version and man,
    I want to use one again when I record the next record.It gave my Stingray extra tone.I sure miss that thing.
  14. Scooby D

Scooby D

Oct 3, 2000
    Hey, another reason why I like the Sans Amp is it's simplicity. I'm no tech head, I just want something that I can plug in thats consistent. The bass driver is perfect for that, and it also happens to sound DAMN good!
  15. lildrgn

Jul 11, 2000
    Seattle, WA
    Ok, you got me. I'm very interested. However, I just got a Bass Pod a few months ago and I'm pretty happy with it, but the SansAmp intrigues me. So my question is:

Do I need the SansAmp if I have a Bass Pod?

Please advise!
  16. Chris A

Chris A Chemo sucks!

Feb 25, 2000
    Manchester NH
    I've actually played some gigs with just the Sansamp going into the house and no amp. I was really late getting to the gig and I didn't have time to set up my rig, so I just told the soundman to crank me up in the monitors. Luckily we have the best sound guy in the world, so when I asked for lots of my bass in the wedges that's what I actually got. But it's nice to know that if that happens and my rig goes down or something I can still get my tone from the little black box.

Chris A.:rolleyes:
  17. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    You need a SansAmp no matter what. It's the Swiss Army Knife of bass tone. Zay weel keel ze gehl eef you don't get ze ZanzAmp.
  18. YEp the Sansamp is an incredibly easy and effective way to really improve bass tone, which is why I bought a Behringer BDI21 , coz it's an incredibly cheap way to do exactly the same, (except it is a little bit noisier).

The BDI21 is a sansamp rip-off, that cost a small fraction of the original but delivers almost identicle results. So, if you're not rolling in cash and you don't care what brand name is stencilled onto your gear, buy it , and save yourself some shekels.
  19. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Born under punches Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2006
    Northern California
    "Holy resurrected thread Batman!"

I suppose I can understand though. It's not like there have been any other threads about the Sansamp (or the BDI21) in the last seven years. . .
  20. Crabby

Dec 22, 2004
    I thought this topic seemed a little outdated. i giess there are many out there who have never tried one of these little black boxes yet. They are fun.