1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I love my SB-1

Discussion in 'G&L Bass Forum' started by bassfootballguy, Aug 12, 2007.

1. bassfootballguy

bassfootballguy Spectacularly Average Supporting Member

Apr 2, 2007
    A small, small town
    I just have to sing its praises!

Four years ago I happened upon a teal metallic SB-1 from the early 90s and it had just come out of pawn onto a shop floor.
    I plugged it into a pretty lousy amp and immediately discovered the most potent, gutsy and powerful p-bass type tone I'd heard.
    I've owned all manner of vintage p basses and every time I play this bass I am more amazed by its great playability and sound.
    Thanks G&L for making a great fundamental bass.

James

2. surfgarage

surfgarage

Aug 21, 2004
    I'm with you James. I have a 96' bowling ball green SB-1. Just feels like it belongs in my hands. I have L-1000 and a L-2000 but I keep coming back to the SB-1 so I 've traded my L-2000 for a new SB-2 being built as we speak. Can't wait to get it in my grubby little hands and hopefully it'll sing to me like the SB-1. I kinda look at the SB-1 & SB-2 as brother and sister and maybe my L-1000 is the daddy since they all have that LEO DNA running thru them. Anybody have a natural finish SB-2. I don't think there's many of them out there but that's what I ordered. It would be nice to see some pics since I'm still waiting for mine. It's 2 months and counting.

Eddie