Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I love my StingRay 5

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TSanders, Sep 15, 2005.

1. Ive had a few EBMMs, really about 15 or 20. Of those,about 3 or 4 have been StingRay 5s.

The StingRay 5 is just flat out my favorite bass made.

This is my latest one, that Ive had about 2 months. The discontinued Autumn Redburst is a sweet finish. Strung with TI flats its amazing. Plain and simple. Sits great in the mix, and the low B is great. Ive owned "the one" a time or two, but when its comes to this bass, it just isnt leaving. I havent had a bass that suited me better than this one, ever.

Enjoy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. i have an OLP MM-3 Stingray5 copy and I love it,its my workhorse to the max. A bit heavy,but it's elm,keeps the guitarists away ;)

3. adouglas

adouglas

Jun 23, 2003
    Bridgeport, CT
    Schweet.

I'm eagerly awaiting delivery of a Bongo 5, HH w/piezo.

Sparkly finishes aren't really my thing, but I really like the whole SR5 vibe. I haven't seen one yet that I don't like. If it had 24 frets, I might have bought one.

4. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    verryyyyyyyyyyyyyy nice

5. I feel pretty much the same about mine even though I really don't like the color.
    [​IMG]
    Your's is quite beautiful though.

6. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    Eb, that Autumn Redburst is something special. I love my natural finish/tort pickguard SR5, but I've never seen an SR5 that I thought was ugly.

7. The SR5 is a strange thing to me. It's such an amazing bass but so few of them look good to me. I dunno. I'm just conflicted I guess.

8. Hey Travis,
    Heres mine.....every once in awhile I get into another bass and I always come back to this one. I almost traded it a few times and I'm soooo..glad I didn't. I just got an EA NL-210 cab to run my GK 700rb through and this bass sings :p
    I agree about the colors, I paid $1390. w/ a case for mine and the next day GC was blowing out an orange sparkle SR5 that wasn't moving for $818. I was very bummed at first but looking back I think the extra dough for the color and headstock was money well spent!

9. John Coxtosen

John Coxtosen Music Geek/Bass Nerd

May 25, 2005
    Duluth, MN
    I had a black/rosewood with a WD mint green guard. I miss it sometimes. Do you guys use the front position on the switch, or just the back position? I used the front most of the time. It sounded the most like a P bass to me. That forward position was series right? Its been a few years. Series, single, parallel. Right? Single was to thin for me.

10. Scottie Johnson

Scottie Johnson

Sep 8, 2004
    Why do they always discontinue their best finishes? I also have issues with the pickguard, but a finish like Autumn Redburst makes me forget all about it. Great basses!

11. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    I've got a Cherry Burst with a maple board that is getting ready to go in for a fret dress [once i find a guy in town]. I love this bass.

That's all

12. rogerbmiller

rogerbmiller Gold Supporting Member

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    'Sup, JRUG?! I'm with you. That's why I never got one of these-- they sound great but they can be hard to look at. The SUB 5's look much better IMO. Must be the shape of the pickguard or something.

13. I usually don't do for metallic or sparkle finishes, but that has to be one of the most perfect finishes I've seen, that bass just looks awesome.