I love my StingRay 5

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TSanders, Sep 15, 2005.

1. Ive had a few EBMMs, really about 15 or 20. Of those,about 3 or 4 have been StingRay 5s.

The StingRay 5 is just flat out my favorite bass made.

This is my latest one, that Ive had about 2 months. The discontinued Autumn Redburst is a sweet finish. Strung with TI flats its amazing. Plain and simple. Sits great in the mix, and the low B is great. Ive owned "the one" a time or two, but when its comes to this bass, it just isnt leaving. I havent had a bass that suited me better than this one, ever.

2. i have an OLP MM-3 Stingray5 copy and I love it,its my workhorse to the max. A bit heavy,but it's elm,keeps the guitarists away ;)
  3. adouglas

Jun 23, 2003
    Bridgeport, CT

I'm eagerly awaiting delivery of a Bongo 5, HH w/piezo.

Sparkly finishes aren't really my thing, but I really like the whole SR5 vibe. I haven't seen one yet that I don't like. If it had 24 frets, I might have bought one.
  4. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    verryyyyyyyyyyyyyy nice
  5. I feel pretty much the same about mine even though I really don't like the color.
    Your's is quite beautiful though.
  6. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    Eb, that Autumn Redburst is something special. I love my natural finish/tort pickguard SR5, but I've never seen an SR5 that I thought was ugly.
  7. The SR5 is a strange thing to me. It's such an amazing bass but so few of them look good to me. I dunno. I'm just conflicted I guess.
  8. Hey Travis,
    Heres mine.....every once in awhile I get into another bass and I always come back to this one. I almost traded it a few times and I'm soooo..glad I didn't. I just got an EA NL-210 cab to run my GK 700rb through and this bass sings :p
    I agree about the colors, I paid $1390. w/ a case for mine and the next day GC was blowing out an orange sparkle SR5 that wasn't moving for $818. I was very bummed at first but looking back I think the extra dough for the color and headstock was money well spent!
  9. John Coxtosen

John Coxtosen Music Geek/Bass Nerd

May 25, 2005
    Duluth, MN
    I had a black/rosewood with a WD mint green guard. I miss it sometimes. Do you guys use the front position on the switch, or just the back position? I used the front most of the time. It sounded the most like a P bass to me. That forward position was series right? Its been a few years. Series, single, parallel. Right? Single was to thin for me.
  10. Scottie Johnson

Scottie Johnson

Sep 8, 2004
    Why do they always discontinue their best finishes? I also have issues with the pickguard, but a finish like Autumn Redburst makes me forget all about it. Great basses!
  11. CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    I've got a Cherry Burst with a maple board that is getting ready to go in for a fret dress [once i find a guy in town]. I love this bass.

That's all
  12. rogerbmiller

rogerbmiller Gold Supporting Member

Sep 16, 2003
    'Sup, JRUG?! I'm with you. That's why I never got one of these-- they sound great but they can be hard to look at. The SUB 5's look much better IMO. Must be the shape of the pickguard or something.
  13. I usually don't do for metallic or sparkle finishes, but that has to be one of the most perfect finishes I've seen, that bass just looks awesome.