Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I love Paul

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by BrettAM, Aug 30, 2002.

1. Nice new site format buddy!!

2. PICK

PICK

Jan 27, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    Yeah, It is very cool. I freaked out when i saw it though. I thought someone had changed my homepage address.

3. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    Kinda shocking though... sheesh! I was like, what the heck happened?? I thought my browser crashed or sumthin. :p

4. paul

paul Staff Member Founder Administrator

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    Hahah. Sorry to spook you :) I think the new format will not only make the home page more dynamic, but it gives the forums the realestate they deserve, front and center, with the "latest discussions" block.

I've been working for quite some time on the new format - and have delayed pulbication again and again as I tried to put together fancy graphics... well that didn't go so well, so I stuck with a very basic theme. I think I'll look into hiring a graphic artist this fall. Anyway, I think it's better to get the functionality out there and not worry about graphics for now.

Please feel free to help get things started - we've got a lot of old stale content in the database... Submit web-sightings, articles, lessons, reviews, links... you get the idea :)

5. Wow, VERY impressive, Paul. Has a very high-class-operation feel to it. Hiring a Graphic Artist? Could it be, just a thought here, that Talkbass may be the only website in existnace to turn a profit? Even though it wasn't meant to?:D

Rock on
    Eric

6. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    THERE'S A FRONTPAGE?????? :eek:

7. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
  8. Turn your bookmarks OFF, Dave. Try it, it looks cool. Don't be afraid. We've all done it. You should too.:D

Rock on
    Eric

9. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    I thought this was going to be another one of Zack's posts...;)

10. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    lolololomgwtflololroflmaolololol!!!

11. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    el-coolio, indeedy, paul...great work, man

12. That would be simply amazing, considering the cost of this site must be nearly or upwards of a thousand bucks a month to maintain...:)

13. I like the new format alot!

:)

keep up the good work! :)

14. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
  15. It looks good paul,

Graphic artist huh? maybe there is one here at Talkbass? maybe you could strike a deal where they get two years supporting membership access for designing the TB graphics?

:D:D

Merls

16. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    *holds a cardboard sign that says "Will design stuff for membership"*

17. Paul, for the first time I have a complaint.

If I type the word car, it gets replaced by a hyperlink to a car sales site.

What up with that?

Same goes for the word Visa, I believe.

edit:
    Hmmm, now it's not doing it. I'll check the other forum I posted in just minutes ago:

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?postid=644745#post644745

edit:

Just did. It's gone. I'M LOSING MY MIND, I guess. Head server glitch?

Sorry about the complaint.

18. Well, whaddayaknow. Some idiot decided to install the "toptext" software on my system without asking. I must be getting me a firewall for my dial-up. Idiots.

19. *holds up large piece of cardboard with a red arrow pointing at Dave*

:p

:D:D

Merls