I Love Pete Wentz club

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by max8899, Feb 19, 2009.

1. Yes thats right, there are so many Wentz bashers out there I felt sorry for the guy... well not really I just wanted to make a club about Pete Wentz *ahem*... loving. I dont see why people dont love him he obviously has talent, humility and of course his dashing good looks I think he deserves a club
    haha... yeaah

2. Ampeg SVT

Ampeg SVT Son, I am disappoint.

Sep 9, 2006
    You might want to get your flame retardant suit ready.

3. yo dude i totally love pete wentz! he soooo great at bass

lololololololol

4. Ampeg SVT

Ampeg SVT Son, I am disappoint.

Sep 9, 2006
    God dammit andrew.

5. fail

6. rrohde

rrohde

Oct 27, 2008
    Norman, OK
    I don't know the guy and don't know the band he's in - no idea what music they make. But he's reached a certain level of fame - so he must be doing something right. His endorsement deal also reflects that.

7. no,
    not fail
    pete wentz
    is
    maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad

8. sandmangeck

sandmangeck

Jul 2, 2007
    Colorado
    truffles:oops:

9. René_Julien

René_Julien Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Belgium
    Can I have a # ? :ninja:

I'm realistic about my own skills, and sober with my ambition.
    I hope one day that I can play at Pete's level.

:ninja:

10. Crockettnj

Crockettnj

Sep 2, 2005
    North NJ

fame doesnt = talent, altruism, decency, or proficiency or really doing much of anything "right"

success in certain genres is in large part a function of who you know, what you look like, and what a marketer thinks could be sold to under and uneducated dolts watching reality TV all day and getting thier news from a tabloid.

That said, I literally have never heard a single Pete Wentz song.

Kill me for reading this thread

11. Step

Step

Feb 20, 2008
    Maastricht
    for the uninitiated:

pretty nice song from his band, fallout boy

12. Hizzoner

Hizzoner

Jan 6, 2005
    Chicago area
    What I gather he is:

A. rich from his early days...born in an extremely wealthy suburban Chicago town, went to an expensive private high school and college...

B. Suicidal

C. He appears to have tattoos

A +B+C= all the qualifications needed to be a celebrity in the mold of so many in the pop world....

woopee...

13. JacobE

JacobE

Jul 19, 2008
    wow i could feel the hurt on that burn

one thing does intrigue me about him and thats how he can be so god damn mediocore and still be this successful

14. ARGHHHHHH NOO!!!! I'm sorry i can't bring myself to do it i only clicked on this thread to see the other people's comments/reactions.

15. Crockettnj

Crockettnj

Sep 2, 2005
    North NJ
    he spins really good.

16. aikakone

aikakone

Jan 27, 2008
    Louisiana
    I checked out his custom bass and it wasn't anything more than a beginner's instrument with a sticker on it. The thing is, for someone just starting and wanting to give bass a shot, at least it would be an affordable instrument. That can be considered a good thing because you never know what future talented bassists could come from such humble beginnings.

I used to *really* like Pete and his band until I saw them live on DVD and realized all their magic was in the studio. Pete plays like the cliche of someone who tried guitar and failed so only switched to bass because he couldn't cut it on guitar. In my opinion the best musician in that band is the drummer, but I don't want him to talk because as soon as he does he sounds inane. Just play, dude. Play.

17. * join the cult.. i mean club
    pete wentz should replace victor, jaco, geddy etc for playing skill
    he is waaay better
    I mean none of them could spin while plucking out amazing 8th notes its ridiculous

18. ghiadub

ghiadub

Jan 17, 2006
    Auburn, CA
    I like carrots. They are tasty!

19. Scorsa

Scorsa

Apr 22, 2008
    Johnson City, TN
    Is this an april fools joke?

20. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 18, 2021