I Love Pete Wentz club

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by max8899, Feb 19, 2009.

1. Dertygen

Dertygen

Dec 21, 2008
    A-Town, Colorado
    Open to debate.
    How you figger?
    When did emasculated males become 'good looking'?
    When did hairless, feminine males become 'hot'?

2. gt96g

gt96g Supporting Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Philly Area
    this is awful

3. Gord_oh

Gord_oh Midtown Guitars: Ulyate Pickups & StringJoy Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Michigan
    im a fan, but this is nonsense.
    he is a good guy, sometimes,
    horrible bassist.

good april fools joke though.

4. FSSmikey

FSSmikey

Mar 7, 2009
    Miami FL
    i dont know if its my horrible ear or not, but ill be damned if i can hear any bass line in that song?

5. No way is this a joke
    im shocked, my flabber is ghasted
    Pete Wentz is the single best thing to happen to this earth
    so um yeah...

6. I hate Pete Wentz!

7. tegnoto89

tegnoto89

Dec 24, 2008
    Syracuse
    You mean... JACO Wentz. Duh

8. tegnoto89

tegnoto89

Dec 24, 2008
    Syracuse
    I think it started with Elijah Wood.

9. Memitim

Memitim

Mar 30, 2009
    Orange City, FL
    Oh god, that's who he is?!? I've seen his name mentioned a couple of times as the benchmark of fail but I had no idea he participated in the performance of that godawful song that my wife and nine year old daughter likes to punish me with when they're feeling froggy. Give me a negative number, I'm gettin' aboard the hate train. :scowl:

10. J. Crawford

J. Crawford Supporting Member

Feb 15, 2008
    PA
    Pete Wentz is my hero when I get out my razor blade.

And that one song, with the monkeys, Thinks for the Murmers, or something of that nature, is a fine show of bass skills. I wont lie.

11. FenderHotRod

FenderHotRod

Sep 1, 2004
    Arkansas
    Pete Wentz hey she is kind of cute...I just don't understand why she has a guys name tho...:eyebrow:

12. winterburn69

winterburn69

Jan 27, 2008
    Saskatchewan
    Lol, I love this thread, so funny. But seriously. He doesn't look too bad, he's a crappy bassist, but a talented songwriter, great lyrics, and I don't mind Fall Out Boy.

13. J. Crawford

J. Crawford Supporting Member

Feb 15, 2008
    PA
    TB just went up a level on the Creepy Sausagefest O-meter.

14. SwitcHPE

SwitcHPE

Sep 19, 2008
    Port Elizabeth
    He is almost as good as the Jonas Brothers...

15. amphlett7

amphlett7

Feb 27, 2008
    Basywater, Western Australia
    Audiofly In-Ear Monitors And Headphones
    You guys should stop ripping on Pete Wentz so much.
    One day he'll show up on your doorstep with his squier bass and hit you over the head.

But seriously, I have seen much worse bass players than him, give him a little slack.

What exactly don't you like about him/His playing

16. smogg

smogg

Mar 27, 2007
    NPR, Florida
    I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell
    Pete Wentz...Lets see,
    young & good looking (according to most of the girls I've asked at my college)
    gets to earn a living playing bass in a successful pop rock band
    band has a pretty large fan base
    endorsement deal with Fender
    treats his fans pretty good
    Actually a decent guy and family man
    gets to live the dream

oh ya, his bass lines are simple and strait forward and fit the bands music, so I guess I should trash him for not being a VW or a Geddy?

Heaven forbid somebody make it who's talent and skills don't measure up to you as you sit wanking in your bedroom :crying:

17. low-endz

low-endz

Dec 18, 2007
    Miami, FL.
    Really what doomed Pee Wentz here on the great Halls of TB is just the Fact that he has his own signature bass from Squier by Fender. If it wasn't for this fact I doubt he would have 100th the amount of infamy that he has here.

I really dont care to listen to FOB to make precise comments about his lines, its tween pop so I always pass.
    Well maybe thanks to his Signature P-bass there are some tweens picking up the bass to later get enlightened by revered low end brethren.

18. The man is a pioneer. A visionary.
    They never gave Van Gogh praise when he was alive.
    Mark my words, when he passes on to the next life his music will be priceless. PRICELESS. I for one am hording FOB albums and own no fewer than 167 of his signature basses for when the time comes. Be prepared!

Wentz = Love

19. D Rokk

D Rokk Inactive

Feb 19, 2009
    Delta Quadrant
    i've seen fallout boy live and own the first 4 albums.. he's one hell of a showman, and a top notch lyricist.. also alot of his basslines are /gasp *fun* to play..

20. lowendgenerator

lowendgenerator

Mar 26, 2006
    CHI/NWI
    What's wrong with being a young good looking bass player with all the money and fame in the world? Do I detect a hint of jealousy, TB?

It can't be his playing, because Cliff Williams is almost universally praised, and he's the KING of boring bass lines.

Pete's band has sold more albums than most of the other guys on Fender's Signature bass lineup. And dare I say it, without the lame heart/bat sticker, that bass is actually pretty damn hot.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 23, 2021