I love... Rogue?!?!?!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by spudmaster34, Mar 14, 2006.

1. the basses, not the makeup. my new vb100 came today and its amazing, it has a sweet tone and the controlls let me juice so many differnet sounds out of it. on top off all that, it looks amazing!!:bassist: My only complaint with it is that when i let go of the neck, it goes straight down, but thats not so bad. its good looking, light, and has an amazing tone. I'M SO HAPPY!!!:bassist: :bassist: :bassist: :bassist: :bassist: :bassist:
    (i do know that untill i post pictures it's just vapor, but at the moment i cant do that, so this thread is about how much i love my vapor:p )
  2. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
  3. X-Men fan?

Show us the pic ;)
  4. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    It's Rogue.

No pics no bass.

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

6. steve21

steve21 Banned

Rogue = the bass company

rouge is for call girls. real ladies pinch their cheeks.
  7. Breathe in the love, dude!;)
  8. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Err - yes it is!! That's "neck dive" and to be avoided at all costs - can damage your left wrist etc etc :meh:
  9. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man

I've never had a neck divey bass, but I've played a few, and had to use one for a couple of hours at a standing gig once, left me very sore and I vowed enver to play unbalanced basses again!

That said, strangley, I've played loads of Warwick thumbs, never had one dive on me!
  10. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

That's exactly what I was thinking! :p
  11. Alex E

Alex E

Mar 2, 2006
    Glad to hear your Rogue is a good fit.

Have you put any flatwounds on it yet? If not, you'll like the sound even more, I would think, if you were to make the switch from 'rounds'.

A friend let me borrow their Rogue Violin bass and I was surprised how pretty it was. The tone was good, too! Kind of limited, but a very "McCartney/60s" sound that is quite agreeable. It probably doesn't sound as good as a Hofner, but for the $, it is a good little bass. About the only thing I don't like on a violin bass is getting the intonation correct. That can be a little difficult. Particularly if you are like me and not patient.

As for the neck dive hurting your left wrist, I don't see that happening with a 6 lbs bass guitar. If you had an 11 pounder, that would be another story.

play on..
  12. keneds

Feb 18, 2006
    London Grove, PA.
    I have one of their acoustic/electric basses. Plays well with a pretty decent sound.I think it ran me around $300.00
  13. i have to review something for writting class... here's my review, it didnt coppy and paste wellbut up at the top there should be a pic right below the name then the different sections have 1/4 notes for the rating system but none of those coppied so ill just write in the numbers.

Rouge vb100

Finish 4 out of 5

The clear finish protects and adds shininess without detracting from the beuty of the flamed top and back. I though the black and white binding was a wonderful touch. I took away one point because of two things. One is a very small dark brown dot about 1” away from the e-string. The other is the paint on the fret board, I think it looks cheesy and it’s chipped away in a few places.
    It is a 30” scale, making the 1rst to 4th fret stretches of “you really got me now” a breeze. The nut is made out of something black, possibly ebony but probably plastic. It weighs in at 6 pounds, about 5 less than a standard Precision® Bass. The fingerboard and neck are both made out of some pale wood, probably maple, but the fret board is painted to look like rosewood.
    Tone out of 10
    It has a very woody tone. As soon as I tuned it I played “sunshine of your loving” and it was perfect. I switched to some Beatles songs and I couldn’t imagine a more perfect sound for the job.
    Neck-dive. Lots and lots of neck-dive, not suppressing when you see the strap button is only at the 17th fret. The short scale makes song stretches easier but makes the strings loose, the easy solution to this problem would be to put in a heavier gauge of strings. Unfortunately, the nut slots are too small for anything larger than what it comes with. The bridge isn’t attached to the top in any way shape or form. The only thing keeping it on is the tension of the strings. That means that after changing the strings I had to reset the intonation. The strings that came on it are awful. As soon as I started popping, the g-string snapped and cut me. I replaced them with some nickel-wound Fender® strings and had no more problems like that.
    Value 10 out of 10
    To me this bass is totally worth its modest price tag

To do list
    1.) shield front pup cavity
    2.) check bridge pup (at the moment it doesn’t make any sound)
    3.) rock out
    Summary 23 out of 25
    A great instrument. Not for the faint of heart, if you don’t like doing setups or changing your own strings etc. get something else.
  14. Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    Lets see...you can file the nut to allow for heavier guages, and uh....6 pounds? For the weight, I'm sure a lot of the older people would jump for a quality bass at that weight...:p

We still need pics though, cuz this is still just one fairy tale that just keeps gettin better.
  15. Pennydreadful

Pennydreadful Goin out West

Jun 13, 2005
    Arlington, Texas
    Rogue. Rogue, Rogue, Rogue.

Sorry, but this bothers me.
  16. jerm

Jul 10, 2005
    No thanks. I'd rather save up another paycheck and get something a little better. Not to insult your Rogue or anything but just not my type of stuff, I'd prefer something better for the long run.
  17. Kruton

Aug 20, 2005
    Ocean Springs, MS
    Has anyone played the epiphone version?
  18. So cool that you love it! Gotta love your bass :D :bassist: :D !
  19. How can you give it a 10/10, 4/5, x/whatever if you practically need to repair it :eyebrow: ?

20. It bothers me, too, but I think you missed one point - it should be ROGUE!! ROGUE!! ROGUE!! ROGUE!!

Grammar lesson over...:cool: