1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

I love rollercoasters! (In Honor of Newton's Third Law)

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by 5StringFool, Aug 21, 2012.

1. 5StringFool

5StringFool

Jun 10, 2011
    Greenup, KY
    Well it is said for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction, so I felt compelled to make this thread to balance things out. :D

So see if you can find youtube links and post pov's of your favorite coasters (or other amusement part thrill rides):bassist:

Here's the first big coaster I ever rode, King's Island's Vortex:

http://youtu.be/aJZ9oFAt_yE

2. Went to Cedar Point not too long ago... almost went on the new 'Maverick' ride, but the line was too darn long.

3. Tractorr

Tractorr

Aug 23, 2011
    Philadelphia
    Hope you rode Millennium Force (if it is still called that). My personal favorite rollercoaster.

4. Definitely

Definitely Banned

I have too many favourite rollercoasters to be able to list, but the very first hanging one I ever went on is definitely in the list. Here's the Dueling Dragons coaster at Universal Studios Islands of Adventure. I went on the fire coaster, but here is a front seat view from the ice coaster. And the entrance: DuelingDragonsEntrance.

5. 5StringFool

5StringFool

Jun 10, 2011
    Greenup, KY
  6. I am fortunate enough to live an hour and a half from Cedar Point. Let me tell you Nutso, you missed out on a great ride. Their new ride for next year looks incred, there's a video on youtube of the computer generated "ride"

7. isaac newton you say?

8. EVERY coaster at Cedar Point is good. The Millenium force is teh bomb. Love that coaster.

9. Just so I'm clear, that is the one with the negative drop, right?

(my personal fave is Magnum, simply due to the height and the zero-G on three hills)

10. Tractorr

Tractorr

Aug 23, 2011
    Philadelphia
    I don't know if I would go that far. Like most coaster parks they have a few duds.

Corkscrew kind of sucks although that is not its fault as almost all of those old steel coasters aren't very fun, usually painful, and often make you feel like you will black out. They just didn't have the computer design software worked out back then to ensure an extreme but pleasurable ride.

Iron Dragon and the Mine Ride are just boring but they are from another era so hard to hold it against them.

Mean Streak was just painful. It is an apt name but I don't care for those wooden coasters that just hurt. The different personalities of wooden coasters are what make them so interesting but for me MS is not what I want to ride.

And personally I don't like Mantis but stand up coasters all seem to make me nauseous, so again not the rides fault.

Otherwise the rest of the coasters (like 11 more) are great.

I think probably the most underrated coaster there is Gemini. It doesn't look like much especially next to the other beasts they have but that is a scary ride. It really comes out of nowhere.

11. Rush-2112

Rush-2112

Dec 14, 2008
    New York City
    I love coasters! The first one I ever rode was Dorney Park's Talon (at age 10, IIRC):

Medusa (Though I haven't been to six flags in a while, so this one might have changed)

12. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ

13. I made the mistake of starting my day there on Mean Streak. Felt like my stomach was in my throat rest of the day.

Love Gemini. Next to Magnum, it's my favorite.

14. 5StringFool

5StringFool

Jun 10, 2011
    Greenup, KY
    Nitro and the Diamondback are very similar rides. :D