1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I love Rutherford's tone here.

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Jeff Scott, Dec 1, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Jeff Scott

Jeff Scott Rickenbacker guru.......... Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2006

And, it brings memories flooding back as we saw them back in those days when all this music was new and fresh. :bassist:

2. Relayer71

Relayer71

Jun 25, 2009
    NYC
    Rutherford is so underappreciated! Never really comes up in discussions about "greatest bassists" but his approach to bass playing was pretty unique, love his style. The man knew his way around the fingerboard but his playing was not flashy but at the same time, it was not simple or run of the mill.

This is a great show of their early period. His tone (and playing) on the album released after this tour, The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway, is fantastic! And the same goes for the next few albums released after Peter Gabriel left.

3. rickdog

rickdog Gold Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2010
    Mmm, yes, Genesis Live is an all-time favorite of mine! I just teased myself with the opening of Watcher of the Skies on my tinny laptop speakers, I need to go listen to it on something better now.

4. woodyng2

woodyng2 Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Oregon Coast
    Saw them during this same time period. (London Drury Theatre,January 1974).
    Absolutely fantastic,each individual in that band a great and unique musician.
    Phil Collins on the kit was outstanding and enthralling.