Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I love the Fender 75 Jazz Bass reissue!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bkchang79, Oct 29, 2002.

1. I played one today at GC and I love how it feels. But, why is is so damm expensive for a MIJ $1300!!!!! Do you think a warmoth will sound just as good as the '75 Jazz Bass? I must have this bass!

2. Carl Brusky

Carl Brusky

Sep 21, 2000
    Look for a used one. I have seen several in the past couple of weeks that look to be in mint condition. I think you could pick up a used one for under 600.

3. Brooks

Brooks

Apr 4, 2000
    Middle East
    or, you could pick up a real '75 with a bad refin for even less..I got mine for $500. Did a proper refin myself, and now have an awesome bass.

4. I must misread something, but a MIA reissue 75 bass is $1300new and the MIJ can be had for around $500 used. What's the difference in the quality of the wood and neck? I'll probably be switching out the bridge and possible the pups and a preamp.

5. Brooks

Brooks

Apr 4, 2000
    Middle East
    As far as I could tell, MIJ is just as good. Bridge is fine, and has a lot to do with how this bass sounds - I wouldn't change it. Mine had an 'upgraded' bridge.

I bought NOS Fender original bridge, and the bass sounds much better. I put Fender Custom Shop '60s pups and a J-Retro - great combination. If you plan to make changes, go for MIJ - there is no point in investing much more into an MIA if you are going to change pups/bridge and add a preamp - IMO.

6. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    Yeah I got bit by the 75 jazz R.I. but I actually bought one and love it! mine is a mia (with no country of origin on bass) special edition car w/matching headstock 1 of 200 made I am told. slightly more in the dollar's dept but worth it!

7. Noobai

Noobai

Aug 25, 2002
    Stanford, CA
    GIVE ME THAT BASS!

8. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    nice..... I so dig the 75 reissues!

P@

9. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Nice bass, Pyrohr.

It's also nice to see someone who only does one side of the Rubik's cube at a time like me.:D