1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I love these '70s Jazz Basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Mik75, Apr 8, 2015.

1. Mik75

Mik75

Sep 21, 2013
    Frankfurt, Germany
    ...for their appealing look (these block inlays...), their chunky neck (makes them sound so fat), their superb sound (it's THE Jazz Bass sound for me, and it's truly versatile) and their inspiring mojo! ;-)
    Here's a bit of funky loop
    action (on my '73, all original):

Last edited: Apr 8, 2015
    Midak and gjohnson441496 like this.
  2. When I think '70's Jazz bass, I think of Aston Barrett. Too cool.

3. Gilmourisgod

Gilmourisgod

Jun 23, 2014
    Cape Cod MA
    Yeah yeah, bound and blocked sunburst jazz with a tort PG. GAS!

jim777 and Mik75 like this.
  4. totallywink

totallywink Supporting Member

that was some cool funky playing! Nice! I'm a big fan of 70s Jazz basses (albeit I don't actually own a REAL 70s Jazz bass, I do have a Geddy and a 70s Classic - both with a burst and blocks!) but your bass sounded great!

Gilmourisgod and Mik75 like this.
  5. Mik75

Mik75

Sep 21, 2013
    Frankfurt, Germany
    Thanks a lot!
    And they do much more than just funky slap tone. But to be honest, I got into P-Basses lately, and my '75 P-Bass is pretty much everything I play right now. But everytime I pick up my Jazz Bass, it puts a smile on my face. Seems as if I've got to get a funk gig to make some use of this baby! ;-)

Last edited: Apr 8, 2015
    totallywink likes this.