I love...

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Leinad, May 28, 2005.

1. ...constructive criticism!

Any would be appreciated.

My band, Serum: http://artists.cpu.ie/bands/348/

The first track (When Men Were Men) is only a mess-around, kinda mock-80s anthem. The 2nd one, You Rule No More, is a lot heavier, more complex and longer!

Thanks a lot to those who give it an aul' listen! Hope you liked!
  2. alapantera

Mar 22, 2004
    I liked the first song. reminded me of blind mellon a little. had a nice groove.

the 2nd song sounded too much like metallica for my likings.
  3. Cheers for the reply.

As regards the Metallica likeness... yes. It's something I'm trying to get the rest of the lads to move away from, but our lead guitarist (and also main riff-writer) doesn't have that diverse of a mind.

Thanks for listening!
  4. Bump.

Any more takers?

5. EricTheEZ1

Nov 23, 2004
    Clawson, MI
    Your drummer doesn't keep the beat well in the first song. It fluctuates at least a few BMP every few seconds during the intro.

As for the second song, 3 minute intros only sometimes worked for Metallica and only when they were musically interesting. Your guitarist needs to start learning a wide range of syles before he carries the entire band with his playing.

6. Cool, cool, thanks, this means I'm not the only one against the Metallica sounding then...
  7. Overall, I liked it. The bass playing was very good and I like your singer alot. My only advice is , again, try to open your lead guitar to more than just metallica.