I lucked out bigtime this week!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by grooveguru, Jan 10, 2004.

1. grooveguru

Sep 14, 2000
    Central PA
    How many times have you actually gotten out of a bad situation and stopped to reflect about what could have been?

The past month or more I have been experiencing unusual feelings in my chest and pain in my left arm (Classic symptoms I know) and I had been taking asprin and ignoring it till this past week when at my wife's urging I finally went to the doctor's. The doctor basically told me to get my arse to the hospital immediately which I did. Turns out I did have a very mild heart attack but there was no real damage. Next I had a Catherization and there were some blockages which they were able clear through Angioplasty and Stenting. No major surgery was needed. I felt like the luckest guy on earth. My New Year's resolution was to get into shape so now I have no choice! LOL

And the icing on the cake is I just got a Mike Lull P5 last Friday and have a Rick Turner Renaisance due here on Monday so I'll get to enjoy them. Man stop and smell the coffee (Decaf that is)! :D
  2. Essexbass

Nov 8, 2003
    Reading, U.K.
    Hi Grooveguru,
    Read this post and think you definitely made the right decision to listen to what your wife told you, and what your body was telling you as well!

We have to try and look after ourselves as best we can in this life, and things like that are warning signs.

Good luck and good health to you!
  3. Stupidest slogan ever scene:

"Pain is just weakness leaving the body."

No, pain is your bodies way of telling you that something is wrong!!

Listen to your body. No, don't go get the stethscope, I don't mean like that. If something seems to be wrong, get it checked out!! Right now!! That way, it can be found early, and hopefully treated easily.

Rock on
  4. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    It's god to hear that there was nothing serious! We're glad to still have you with us. Some people don't get too much warning for a heart attack. Someone was watching out for you. Oh, and by the way, I am jealous of your basses. I think it would take me a heart attack to be able to get one!
  5. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars

....you gotta take care of yourself!

If you don't Bass Central may go belly-up!!!

It's a big responsibility, I hope you take it seriously!

(...of course, everyone knows that I'm kidding. bovinehost is keeping our doors open. ;) )

Seriously though, I'm glad you're ok, please take care of yourself, ok? :)
  6. whew, glad your ok. good luck with getting into shape as well, its a great feeling!

and darn you people and your multiple bass buys in such short time spans :p
  7. LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000

I heard about this on Rockpage. Glad that it wasn't anything to serious. At least you have a new bass to keep you in shape. (flexing those arm muscles :D )

Now if you aren't to wore out, you should come to Felix's jam on the 29th. :D
  8. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Take care of yourself, man. Glad to hear you are going to be OK. Take advantage of the wakeup call and get yourself into shape.
  9. odie

odie Supporting Member

Anyone has chest pain that doesnt go away or occurs with exercise. Get it checked out ASAP. You wouldnt believe then close calls and unnecessary damage people get.
  10. natrab

Dec 9, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    You actually did the right thing taking Aspirin. Aspirin thins the blood and most paramedics carry it along with nitro for heart attacks. It's quite possible that you thinned your blood enough for the blockage to break up a little and keep your heart going.

You may have saved your own life. However you learned the best lesson there is. Trust your body. I almost died a few years ago when I ignored my cold (and before I knew that green sputum = pneumonia). Ended up waking up in the middle of the night unable to breathe at all. Made it to the hospital and they said I almost died of pneumonia.