I made another EP - feedback welcome!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by NSJB, Jul 29, 2020.

1. So it's been a couple years since I have had the time to collect some of my songs and make an EP. It's a good exercise so that I can look back on it in a year and go "Wait, how did I do that, and why does it sound better than what I am doing now!?".

I played and recorded everything on the EP (the drums were programmed by me) as well as mixed and mastered the whole thing. I am very open to feedback and I would appreciate any and all.

So here it is

JRA, Discount Bassy and MonetBass like this.
  2. MonetBass

MonetBass ♪ Just listen ♫ Supporting Member

Sep 15, 2006
    Tulsa, OK
    Nice job! I dig it.

Discount Bassy likes this.
  3. Thanks, I appreciate the compliment!

4. Bump for more opinions

5. skycruiser

skycruiser Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2019
    Texas
    Nice tracks. I like the 4th one the most. Has an XTC vibe to it, and that's a good thing in my book. What bass are you using and how are you recording it? Direct into recording interface or with microphone?

NSJB likes this.
  6. Thanks! I actually really quite like XTC so I take that as a compliment. The bass is one I actually built myself, strung E-C with EMG pickups and their BTC preamp. It is recorded direct through a Focusrite 2i4. I had to learn how to lightly apply reverbs and delays to mimic a mic because I live in an apartment and recording with my NT1-A can only really be done at 2am.

7. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

i like all of the tunes/segments, but i'm favoring "refrain." those horns are very nice, too --- a plugin?

i like that (those tunes/sounds) a lot! you did a nice job on all aspects. congratulations on your EP, but mostly for your music and hard work! :thumbsup:

NSJB likes this.
  8. Thanks, and it is indeed a plugin, nice catch! They are actually the studio horns plugin included in Logic Pro X.

JRA likes this.
  9. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

my pleasure. nice work! :thumbsup:

they sound great!

NSJB likes this.
  10. One last bump for more feedback, and also to drop a bandcamp link cause I feel it sounds better there.

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 21, 2021