I made the switch from Tokyo to NYC Sadowsky

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Nov 4, 2003.

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

I talked to Roger and i was able to switch my deposit from a a Tokyo RB 5 to a V5 NYC Sadowsky. Now i am going to have to work on my waiting skills but it is well worth the wait. These are my specs for my Sadowsky

Vintage 5 Bass 21 fret
    Trans Blue Finish
    Quilt Maple over Swamp Ash
    Perliod Pick Guard
    Maple Fingerboard
    Chrome Hardware

Here is a pic of the bass that inspired me to get this bass built for me. And the count down begins:bassist:
  2. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY

Major, that's the same bass I have on order. It should be done in about a month. I'm going to have to hunt you down and kill you!!:) You're gonna love it. It will be my 5th 5 string and my 2nd vintage 5. Best of luck

3. Purdy purdy. Nice quilt. Yummy.

4. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama

I feel your pain, MM!!!

5. grinx

Mar 24, 2003
    Raleighwood, NC
    ombud, your avatar chick is a hotty

she gets around ;p
  6. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Very nice but if it were me, I'd get it in a Standard Style (no p/g or control plate), Black Hardware & the diamond control layout alla the 24 fret 5.
  7. Maj
    Very nice, congrats. I've got a buddy who just switched from Tokyo to NYC too. He orderd a Ultra Vin black with maple. I like the pick guards and chrome plate myself only in a PJ4 coming soon. Don't know which color scheme yet but with a rosewood neck. Probably Morado. In the mean time I'll play my fantastic Laklands.:bassist:

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Thanks Guys i am really looking foward to joining the club, i have allways wanted a top notch jazz bass.
  9. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    from one praise team bass player to another, welcome aboard! :cool:

btw, just came back from catching the Passion tour in Boston. rockin' show! but they coulda used a sadowsky here or there. ;)
  10. Mojo-Man

Mojo-Man Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2003
    Oh No, I have GAS!!!
    Great Bass.
  11. oh jeez, that is one sweet bass!

Hey Nino, out of curiosity, is it feasible to order a 24 fret 5, but with j-pups and the controls laid out like a regular j-bass, but no control plate? (so they're inline, but mounted through the body, if that makes sense...) with a 3-band EQ?

And how much of a discount could I get? ;) ;) ;) :p
  12. Jaon Newsted has a bass made similar to that and I'm sure the control lay out is not a problem for Roger.

Years ago I asked about a 3 band EQ: he was reluctant to do it but check with the man himself.

I'm totally happy with the Sadowsky on-board pre on my two basses and have no need for a mid control. I prefer the simplicity of it too.
  13. sheepdog

Feb 20, 2003
    Birmingham, AL
    beautiful bass, but it seems like a crime to cover up beautiful quilt like that with more than a clear pickguard. Let the wood shine!