Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I made the switch from Tokyo to NYC Sadowsky

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Nov 4, 2003.

1. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

I talked to Roger and i was able to switch my deposit from a a Tokyo RB 5 to a V5 NYC Sadowsky. Now i am going to have to work on my waiting skills but it is well worth the wait. These are my specs for my Sadowsky

Vintage 5 Bass 21 fret
    Trans Blue Finish
    Quilt Maple over Swamp Ash
    Perliod Pick Guard
    Maple Fingerboard
    Chrome Hardware

Here is a pic of the bass that inspired me to get this bass built for me. And the count down begins:bassist:

2. Pretty snazzy man. :)

3. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    HI!

Major, that's the same bass I have on order. It should be done in about a month. I'm going to have to hunt you down and kill you!!:) You're gonna love it. It will be my 5th 5 string and my 2nd vintage 5. Best of luck

Rob

4. Purdy purdy. Nice quilt. Yummy.

Congrats!

5. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama

I feel your pain, MM!!!

:(

6. :) for you

7. grinx

grinx

Mar 24, 2003
    Raleighwood, NC
    ombud, your avatar chick is a hotty

she gets around ;p

8. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Very nice but if it were me, I'd get it in a Standard Style (no p/g or control plate), Black Hardware & the diamond control layout alla the 24 fret 5.

9. Maj
    Very nice, congrats. I've got a buddy who just switched from Tokyo to NYC too. He orderd a Ultra Vin black with maple. I like the pick guards and chrome plate myself only in a PJ4 coming soon. Don't know which color scheme yet but with a rosewood neck. Probably Morado. In the mean time I'll play my fantastic Laklands.:bassist:

10. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Thanks Guys i am really looking foward to joining the club, i have allways wanted a top notch jazz bass.

11. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    from one praise team bass player to another, welcome aboard! :cool:

btw, just came back from catching the Passion tour in Boston. rockin' show! but they coulda used a sadowsky here or there. ;)

12. Mojo-Man

Mojo-Man Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2003
    Oh No, I have GAS!!!
    Great Bass.

13. oh jeez, that is one sweet bass!

Hey Nino, out of curiosity, is it feasible to order a 24 fret 5, but with j-pups and the controls laid out like a regular j-bass, but no control plate? (so they're inline, but mounted through the body, if that makes sense...) with a 3-band EQ?

And how much of a discount could I get? ;) ;) ;) :p

14. Jaon Newsted has a bass made similar to that and I'm sure the control lay out is not a problem for Roger.

Years ago I asked about a 3 band EQ: he was reluctant to do it but check with the man himself.

I'm totally happy with the Sadowsky on-board pre on my two basses and have no need for a mid control. I prefer the simplicity of it too.

15. sheepdog

sheepdog

Feb 20, 2003
    Birmingham, AL
    beautiful bass, but it seems like a crime to cover up beautiful quilt like that with more than a clear pickguard. Let the wood shine!