Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I may be crazy, but............

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Funkee1, Oct 30, 2003.

1. Funkee1

Funkee1

Jul 19, 2002
    Texas
    I just sent an e-mail, and made a phone call to george Duke. I have been playing for 30 years, slogging through the clubs, and such, and need to get out of that end of things, and get SOMEWHERE!!! I want to get the call for some of these tours big artists go on! I wanna be Will Lee, or Nathan East (but not with Fourplay- think Loggins, or Clapton). I can play well, read, sing backups, and am still relatively handsome, look good on stage, and will show up on time.

Nothing will probably come from the e-mail or phone call, but I gotta get out of the local club market and into the big leagues!

2. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    i mean no offense but its probably gonna take more than a phone call. Call everyday. I work for a label and they usually will do nothing after one call. Get to know alot of the people in the industry, figure out where they hang out. One phone call is probably gonna be ignored.

3. Funkee1

Funkee1

Jul 19, 2002
    Texas
    Thanks!! I'll do that!!! Squeaky wheel, and all that!