Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I met a true gentleman/musician last night

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by The Antipop, Sep 25, 2005.

1. So I was at the local bar and a band was bringing in their gear. BAMMM! the bassist brings in a yorkville BM 200 (I had one stolen a few years back). I ask him if I can look at his amp, go into my wallet and pull out the serial numbers... It is my old stolen amp.

I bring it up (I was told I approached it very well as I knew he wasn't the original theif, someone who bought it second hand.... which bring me to a thought.... who here asks for receipt or anything when buying a bass second hand? Say I sell a bass for x amount of dollars. Other then morals (this isn't the kind of thing I'd do) what is stopping me from reporting it stolen and getting it back for free?) anyways, we discussed things, I asked him about his upcoming shows and told him that I have no problem lending it out because I think it would be a j.a. of me to get in the way of his already booked shows because he had no idea it was stolen.

This guy (about 19) treated this situation with alot of respect and very adult like. I watched a bit of his gig then took off (I got all of his info and found out he actually knows my guitarist very well).

Anyways in short... Ultra impressed with this guy, discussed everything with no anger at all and we had a good resolve (for the situation at least)

I ended up very intoxicated last night and I don't know how I am up at 8 am with no headache.

2. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    So, you gonna get it back after some shows? That's pretty cool for both of you. I need to get pics and serial numbers on all of my stuff today, just to be safe.

3. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada
    I, as an owner of an Yorkville BM200, hope this truns out for the best.

4. I have faith that it will. I think we are doing the best for both people here.

Now I will finally have a mobile amp again