Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I met Gene Bertoncini!!!!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by joeyang761020, Nov 16, 2004.

1. mm....Gene Bertoncini is a session guitarist. Somebody in the NYC area knows him?
    Anyway, he come up to my school and did a workshop today. He was totalling sensetional. This old man is the best guitarist I've seen live. He was playing in the classical plucking way, and sounded awesome. He was playing a acoutisc during the workshop. Well, he does everything a guitarist can do, but most importanly, he keep up the groove without a bass player or drummer. He always has something going as the bassline. And he is also a nice guy, he give some great complient to the bassists, he said bassist is they are so important, that any guitarist can't be without. The workshop was great.

2. Jeff Bonny

Jeff Bonny Supporting Member

Nov 20, 2000
    Vancouver, BC
    Those duo recordings Gene did with Michael Moore on bass are among my favorite music of all time.

3. leanne

leanne

May 29, 2002
    Rochester, NY
    My friend studied with Gene Bertoncini years ago, and Gene plays around here fairly frequently, but I haven't seen him yet--just missed him this weekend. :( I'd love to check him out.

4. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I didn't know that pinhead played bass.

5. I think he meas somone else.

You kwazy wepubwican ;)

6. Jeff Bonny

Nov 20, 2000
    Vancouver, BC
    I know yer kidding but please tell me you do know who Michael Moore the bassist is...

7. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Is he the same guy as Michael Rhodes?

8. Jeff Bonny

Nov 20, 2000
    Vancouver, BC
    Uh, same first name different guy. That seems to be some killer bud yer smokin' there...