Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I met Jamal Lewis Today

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by johnm0187, Jun 18, 2005.

1. So today I had to wake up early for this Speed to Win camp sponsered by XPE. So there's a lot of college football players (mostly ACC, SEC) from around here who I already knew. So we finish the first 2 quarters (of 6...what bastards) so it was our intermission, and Tony (main speed guy) says "Ok our first NFL guest is here, there's only been (don't remember number) of people to run 2000 yards OJ Simpson, Barry sanders (blah blah) and Jamal Lewis."

So Tony gets the strongest defensive tackle on our team who's about 5'10-5'11 weighs about 265-280 benches 435. Stands him next to Jamal Lewis. They are about the same height Jamal Lewis is wider (not to mention a lot faster).

We got to ask him questions and stuff. But he was probably the biggest person I have ever seen. It was pretty cool. :hyper: :hyper: Now I have to go rest my aching body...that was so hard. :help: :help:

2. I don't know who that is, or even what sport you're talking about, but congrats!

Edit: Ah, American football. Very good.

Google says: Lewis leaves prison with new perspective on life Jamal Lewis is ready to get on with his life after serving a four-month prison term.
    w00t. He sounds cool. ;)

3. Funny thing. When he was leaving he talked about choosing the right friends because he went to prison for being associated with some cocaine deal or something.

4. Sounds like someone who learned from mistakes, cool. Again, congrats! I've never met anyone famous who I admire...

5. I think I'd run the other way if I saw this coming at me.

[​IMG]

I see Jamal and the Ravens take on the Steelers twice a year. I may not like the guy or his team, but you've gotta respect someone who cracked the 2,000 yard mark. Must have been cool for you to meet him!

6. Ray Lewis scares me more than Jamal Lewis, but I bet it was cool to meet him.

7. Mud Flaps

Mud Flaps

Feb 3, 2003
    Norton, MA
    I read something terrifying on Ray Lewis once, something along the lines of he has only 3 or 4 percent body fat.

8. Ethon

Ethon

Jan 25, 2003
    Akron, Ohio
    I heard that Ray Lewis killed two men and avoided a prison term

9. Browns fan? :smug:

10. Ethon

Ethon

Jan 25, 2003
    Akron, Ohio
    Giants fan actually...but I follow the Browns

[​IMG]