Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I met Tom Hamilton

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by 39Reasons, Mar 3, 2006.

1. 39Reasons

39Reasons

Sep 16, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    I have always been a big Aerosmith fan, growing up in Massachusetts it's kind of mandatory. He plays mostly Sadowski basses he was telling me. He also has some of those Color DR strings on a few of his basses.
    He was really nice for the most part a little tired though this was in Anaheim, CA after their show last week.
    [​IMG]

2. Skel

Skel

Jun 19, 2005
    Boulder, Colorado
    Cool! Was he using GK amps? He's an "Artist" on the GK website. I think he's also an "Artist" on the Hartke website.

Also, he plays with a pick, right?

Skel

3. 39Reasons

39Reasons

Sep 16, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    I am pretty sure he uses Hartke mostly. He will play with a pick sometimes and his fingers sometimes depending on the song.

4. Jmann

Jmann

Apr 29, 2003
    Lexington, Ky
    i thought tom was playing F basses these days

5. 39Reasons

39Reasons

Sep 16, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    That's the other one! Thank you! I was kind of nervous talking to him. He rattled of a bunch of Sadowksi basses and yes he also plays a torquoise F bass with DR Extra Life Bass - Peacock Blue strings.
    Man I just looked those basses up NICE! Hard to keep with all the different basses out there these days.