I might buy this sound system what do you think???

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by rexspangle, Aug 30, 2001.

1. I hope this goes here?

heres what I might buy could you let me know what you guys think about it and what it may be worth?

The system is older, but still works great.

The mixer is Yamaha, (meant for recording and
    tracking) but was used live, it has 8 channels all xlr, and rca older model but still a nice clean sound.

The amp is Yorkvilles from about 5 or 6 years ago the Audipro 500 (500 watts), it was replaced with the AP800

The speakers are made by acoustic. 500 watts a piece. They have two 12" woofers, two tweeters, and a horn in each.
    They are heavy, but on wheels. All cables are included.

This is an edited version of the email I recieved just wondering what it sounds like to you so I can save the drive if it aint worth it.

for $800 canadian

thanx for all your feedback
  2. Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Umm, I'm a bit lost... what kind of media are you going to recording onto? Analog tape, digital tape, hard disk? What are the speakers and amp for, a monitoring system?
  3. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    You need to hear it before you buy it, no exceptions. Get specific model numbers, go online and do the research. Good luck, off the cuff sounds pretty good.
  4. it will be used as a pa the same as how the guy before used it. I haven't seen it yet so I don't know how he has it set-up, it is just for playing small - med. shows.