Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

i miss my ATK

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by heath_the_great, Mar 16, 2005.

1. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    I never liked the neck on ATK's. But i know that puts me in a minority.

2. this is why i will never sell a bass, i plan to just collect them and save for new ones

3. And here I thought the best bass ever made was the Kubicki Factor... :crying:

:D

4. phxlbrmpf

phxlbrmpf

Dec 27, 2002
    Germany
    Is that a stock headstock decal? (Hah!) My ATK 300 has a completely different one.

ATKs are still pretty ugly basses, though, just look at that bridge thing, what were they thinking? Ugly basses that happen to sound awesome, though. :D

5. ugly? bah...what do you know...its beautiful :p
    but no, that decal isnt stock..when i bought the atk, the dealer didnt have a clue what it was, cos the previous owner had scratched off the decal..it did look sexy without it, but i got a custom made vinyl decal made thich i put on it

6. cetera

cetera

Apr 29, 2004
    Surrey, England
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses & Cort Basses
    Those bridges are really awful aren't they.... but I much prefer your decal Heath!! :)

7. pc

pc

Apr 4, 2000
    Montreal QC
    :D :D :D

8. I like the look of ATK's, i want one so i can jump about on stage n such, they just look like they are made to be beaten around, yet have such an amazing crunchy sound ( my other basses are too pretty-ful to play with on stage like that :p )

9. FireAarro

FireAarro

Aug 8, 2004
    austr-
    wow that decal's ugly

But that's my only beef :p

10. :rolleyes: i ended up taking it off anyway...show off that fullk sik quilted maple headstock... :D lol...actually...i still gots a couple of those vinal decals around here somewhere

11. Eisenmann

Eisenmann

May 12, 2004
    played a atk a week ago. damn they are quite ugly but i liked the playability and sound. loved the punch it produces
    and the preamp is pretty nice too.

12. why does everyone think they're ugly? they look pretty traditional to me...ibanez icemans...theres some ugly shapes

13. cetera

cetera

Apr 29, 2004
    Surrey, England
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses & Cort Basses
    I LOVE Icemans.... (Icemen?!?)

Though they are better as guitars than basses...

14. Yeah, its just like the gibson SG (EB3 etc) and Les Paul basses, look horrible, yet the guitars are sweet

15. rogerbmiller

rogerbmiller Gold Supporting Member

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    Matter of taste I suppose, but the bridge is what give the ATK a HUGE sound. In someways it has a bigger and bolder sound than the stingray, at least acoustically.

16. Dont the chunky body and triple coil pup help too ?

17. Malcom

Malcom

Oct 21, 2002
    The Midwest
    . . . not too much, they weigh a bloody tonne.