1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I miss my bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MoEllis, Sep 13, 2008.

1. MoEllis

MoEllis

Sep 11, 2008
    Los Angeles
    I just got enough money to get a MIA Vic Bailey 5. I loved that thing, but while I was still in the 30 day trial period, apparently the circuit board or something in the electronics went bad and there was not one, but two different buzzes coming from it. I took it in to GC, where I got it, they diagnosed it, and ordered the part, and then told me it was back ordered for 6 to 8 weeks!!:bawl: so now I'm back to playing my warwick rockbass corvette that's not even close to the same level... so basically I miss my bass:crying:

2. Feel some pain. It will make you a better musician.

Rick B.

3. Doesn't GC have a 30 day return policy? You should just have them give you a new one? Who knows what other issues the bass will have.

Adam

4. Mojo-Man

Mojo-Man

Feb 11, 2003
    :cool:
    +1

5. MoEllis

MoEllis

Sep 11, 2008
    Los Angeles
    yeah, they do.. but it would be another 6-8 weeks to order one. Plus, where i'm from (ohio) its impossible to find good bass stuff w/o traveling at least 2-3 hours

6. But you are going to wait 6-8 weeks for the part. Why wouldn't you wait for the bass? You've obviously worked hard to get the bass to start with, you shouldn't compromise now.

I would also bet that GC has another in stock *somewhere*. Musicians Friend does as does Sam Ash.

Adam

7. MoEllis

MoEllis

Sep 11, 2008
    Los Angeles
    I forgot to mention.. i got a great deal cuz this particular one was scratch and dent (small lil ding on top heal of body from some dude banging it on a gk rig) and it was a labor day sail. So I ended up getting a deal I couldn't pass up and one that sorta has me stuck with that particular bass.. unless i find something used that feels/sounds as good or better for the same price.

8. Mr. Mig

Mr. Mig

Sep 7, 2008
    Get it replaced.

9. MoEllis

MoEllis

Sep 11, 2008
    Los Angeles
    I have a new one on order! GC is replacing it! thats what i'm talking about

10. Sounds like a bunch of BS, if you ask me. Looks like your in for a long wait.:eyebrow: