1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I miss my DL4...Line6 M9? TimeFactor?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by newbold, May 1, 2010.

1. newbold

newbold

Sep 21, 2008
    Toronto
    ...But not the tone-suck and loop time of that great delay/looper.

Is the only thing that could satisfy my needs for a delay/looper the Line6 M9/M13?

The Eventide Timefactor is the same price...but I'm torn between perfection and function...

the M9 would get used a lot more for not just looping...

2. alangoldstein

alangoldstein

Jul 23, 2007
    Charleston, SC
    Endorsments: Aguilar, Hartke, DR strings, Analysis Plus "Oval" Cables
    u can try the line 6 jam looper i guess?

or the ehx smmwh ( hazarai ) delay / looper / chorus /flange / reverse echo , etc...

3. alangoldstein

alangoldstein

Jul 23, 2007
    Charleston, SC
  4. alangoldstein

alangoldstein

Jul 23, 2007
    Charleston, SC
    i use the boss rc 50 but it doesnt have delay or anything in it.... but its the best looper,

until digitech ads a tempo display LED to their stereo jamman.

5. newbold

newbold

Sep 21, 2008
    Toronto
    The delay function is above all else the deciding factor in my purchase.

6. i traded my DL4 for an Akai Headrush E2... love it.

7. newbold

newbold

Sep 21, 2008
    Toronto
    Wish the SMMH had EXP control so I could blend in delay and mod to my signal for overdub

8. Swimming Bird

Swimming Bird

Apr 18, 2006
    Wheaton MD
    IMO the TimeFactor is the best stompbox delay that's out there -- sounds fantastic, has fantastic live control options (exp. for all controls, tap tempo, midi sync, etc) and is super versatile. It's up to you, but if you're gonna toss that much on a delay/looper, make it the Eventide.

9. newbold

newbold

Sep 21, 2008
    Toronto
    Yeah...it's a tossup between the Timefactor and the M9...cause if I'm gonna drop hundreds$ on gear I *might* want the MM4 and FM4 options...especially with pedalboard real estate at a premium...

...but if the Line6 sound quality is the same for bass then it'll be eventide all the way.

It could have just been my Pwaves cable, but I really liked that unit aside from the shortcomings I found in my rig and from what i understand line6 has fixed my biggest beef - loop time

So I know the time factor is 'the best'...I guess I'm just looking for some validation og the M9 outside of any M9 master thread.

10. JohnDavisNYC

JohnDavisNYC

Jan 11, 2008
    Brooklyn, NY
    Endorsing Artist: Aguilar, D'Addario
    that's why i bought an m9. it delivers.

john

11. jufros

jufros

Nov 24, 2008
    My experience with Line 6 has been that generally speaking, you will almost definitely get the features you need in an immediately usable and and reliable package. I also think their Delay effects are very good. The M9 looks like a LOT of power for the size and price. You sacrifice e-peen status for functionality, versatility, and the probability that you'll stumble across something original. Plus now you get MIDI. I love MIDI.

Still, the Timefactor is very very full-featured and was definitely the best delay pedal I've used. In my opinion, ducking delay is a "gotta-have-it" feature for bass but I'm almost positive you can do that with the M9.

12. newbold

newbold

Sep 21, 2008
    Toronto
    Been thinking about delays a bit and on my GAS list ranks Empress, Strymon, Pigtronix, Eventide, and Diamond...but the same goes for the M9 and Nova system.

'For the money' is a phrase that I look forward to forgetting in the next 15 years.

Until then all these options make choices and research difficult/complicated.