1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

I miss my P-Bass!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by tplyons, May 11, 2006.

1. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I really do miss my P-bass. After hearing Chris Chaney's playing with Taylor Hawkins and the Coattail Riders, I just came to the conclusion that a P-bass is essential to MY sound. Just mourning over lack of money at the moment. :(

2. Arthur U. Poon

Arthur U. Poon

Jan 30, 2004
    SLC, Utah -USA-
    Endorsing Artist: Mike Lull Custom Basses
    Hang in there. The cool thing is that used MIA P's can be found at decent prices when you raise the cash. Same goes for the used Skyline Glaubs. :cool:

I really regret selling my '57 Reissue P-Bass to my friend, but I know it's in a great home. It was the best P-Bass I've owned (and I've owned quite a few over the years), but I was big into the EB/MM Sterling at the time I sold it, and I hadn't used it for a few years. :bawl:

I searched ebay for awhile and I ended up finding a MIA P-Bass w/case for under $500.00. I added a Nordstrand NP4 pickup and a set of flatwounds. Wow! -Instant classic 60's/70's soul tone. :cool:

No matter which bass I take to a gig as my main axe, that P-Bass always comes along and it gets played at every gig. :bassist:

-Art

3. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I'm thinking about just picking up a CIJ LPB '62 Reissue for my stable.

4. tplyons you seem to have a lot of heartache over missed basses. You said when you saw my Ray that you miss yours, now you miss your p-bass... Lack of money sucks!!! I hope you come into some cash sometime soon and can be reunited with your lost loves!
    And in keeping with the topic I guess I miss my p-bass now and then, but I pick up my ray and soon feel better ;)

5. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Well, I truly miss both of those basses, but I have a perfect jazz bass for me, and lack of money does suck.

Even more is having that money, and saving it for something bigger...

6. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

Cool or your Valenti could be a P bass.

7. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Everyone's _gotta_ have at least one P-Bass. I also find that, even though I love my MM, I always end up going back to the P. :cool:

8. DEFUNKTED

DEFUNKTED

May 4, 2006
    Dope City
    Just ordered a MIJ P-bass from Ishibashi last night....big 70's reissue ash beast with maple neck and I have the feeling this bass is going kick ass....

Money is tight for me too and ended up laying down $850 for this including shipping.....

9. pickles

pickles Gold Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    Good news is you can get a great P bass for 5 or 600 bucks if you look around.

Rule one of bass: You GOTTA have a Precision, son!!! :bassist: :D