I missed the MTV Music Video Awards

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Max, Aug 29, 2003.

1. Max

Max Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2000
    Bakersfield, CA
    So did I miss anything other than some chicks kissing? Did anybody play live? Was there any bass playing of note? Discuss.
  2. stuie86

May 9, 2003
    mckinney, tx
    dont worry i missed them to, but they play re-runs for almost 2 months

one day you'll be bored and you'll flop on the couch and noitce that the VMS'S or about to start

you'll see it, its a gerante
  3. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Yea, they show re runs all the time. But the chick kissing was cool, madonna/britney. and madonna/aguilera. Metallica's performance was decent, i dont mind the other songs on St Anger as much as St Anger itself.MTV is lame tho, all hip hop and punk. Johhny cash shoulda won some awards but content removed by Moderator for offensive content.
  4. Well, besides Chris Rock's hilarious monologue, no, you didn't miss anything -- it pretty much sucked and was overhyped as usual (but at least not as much as last year's atrocity).

Any bass playing of note? As if you expected any?!

Metallica's performance was somewhat interesting to say the least. I fell asleep about 10:15, but then woke up once I heard them playing "Smells Like Teen Spirit." That was a bit of a surprise -- I expected them to do just an 80s medley, and then play one of their new horrible garage songs as I like to call them. The White Stripes cover was also a surprise, but that's been done already by Audioslave (and a better version at that, mind you -- see: www.krockradio.com).

And that's about all there is worthy of noting. And Chistina Aguilera looked scary as usual. She used to look better as a blonde with less makeup, but that's just my opinion. Now I can't even stand to look at her.

The opening performance was pretty bizarre. And of course the infamous lesbian kiss was very shocking and totally unexpected. Thank God Christina sang the chorus to "Like a Virgin" 'cause Britney can't sing.

P.S. Johnny Cash got robbed. And Good Charlotte did not deserve the viewer's choice award. It will be on again, again, again, and again, so why not just watch the replay?
  5. stuie86

May 9, 2003
    mckinney, tx
    ive heard of jonny cash.... so there buddy:p :rolleyes: :bag:
  6. Exedore

Nov 15, 2002
    Pasadena, Ca, USA
    I missed the MTV VMAs too. Of course, saying I missed it is like saying I missed being run over by a bus...
  7. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Yea i agree that Christina looked much better as a blonde. I think what happened was that she started taking birth control pills, as you m,ay know, and gained alot of weight. Then she dyed her hair becuase darkr makes you look skinnier. THen she lost most of the weight and is back to almost normal, but with bigger boobs (from the fat) and still has black hair because she isnt exactly the same weight she used to be.
  8. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    I see kissing girls every day, boys too (that's Cologne...) I fail to see why it creates such a buzz, it's so Madonna anyway. :meh:
  9. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

'Ain't like her music is gonna knock you out.

Is MTV still around?

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

I had to sit throw all that garbage just to get to Metallica performance but it was cool seing them. I was very disappointed, I dislike rap hip hop and all that kind of thing with a passion and i guess last night made me realize how mainstreem it is now. The Biggest disappointment for me was seeing linkin park beat Metallica for best rock video but i had a feeling that was going to happen. I hope rock music will make a come back.
  11. DRN

Mar 17, 2002
    Las Vegas
    As for bass playing of note. Once the vma's (thank god) were over i was flipping through the channels and saw Tori Amos on PBS I am not sure who the bass player is but I dug what he was doing. Not to mention I am a fan of Tori.
    This was 15x better then the VMA's

just my opinion.
  12. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Same here, my 2 best female friends are bisexual, i actually have had a crush on one of them for many months recently, but its kinda dissapointing when they are more interested in each other then guys.
  13. I wanted to watch it, but, I fell asleep. (blessing in disguise?:D )

Question: If Madonna kissed Britney, then kissed Christina, haven't Britney and Christina kissed by default? :confused:

Mike :D
  14. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
  15. Hmmm... so that explains it. I never knew birth control pills make girls gain weight. How do you know she took birth control pills?

Nice theory on the black hair, but I think she just did it because she's tired of being blonde.
  16. You may see girls kissing everyday, but have you ever seen Madonna kiss Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera? I can understand if happened before if it's no big deal, but come on, don't just sit there and cast it off as nothing.

Other reasons why are:

1. Totally unexpected
    2. Neither Madonna, Britney, or Christina are lesbian or bisexual (as far as I know).
    3. It's the MTV VMAs -- what do you expect? Compared to everything else, I think it's worthy of at least some buzz.
    4. And finally, Madonna is 40+, Britney and Christina are 21 and 22. How often do see a 20 year old girl kiss a 40 year old women?

Is that reason enough? But I will admit that it's creating a little too much buzz. Nobody in the audience really even flinched after it happened.
  17. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

There was an audience?
  18. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Ok, it was "fun" to watch (considering last year fiasco)

and Chris Rock saying "Good Charlotte... more like mediocre green day" :eek:

God, GC sucks
  19. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    Yes, how do you know? I mean, Christina and Britney are still virgins, right?

If they're both virgins, I'm the reincarnation of Jaco. Christina's been down everything but the Titanic and Britney's seen more d**** than a urinal at Grand Central Station.