1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

I Modified My Pete Wentz Squier Bass...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mrhocson, Apr 19, 2009.

1. hey guys so ive recently modded my bass.....this was my first bass i got about a year and a half ago...my father bought it for me as a gift for my birthday sadly 2 months after my father gave me this bass. my father passed away so even though it is a pete wentz bass it has sentimental value's to it so i plan on never selling this bass so i thought i'd just upgrade it check it out guys...i put quarter pound pickups on it....a badass bass bridge and a tone knob...you will be surprised it actually sounds quite nice(has alot of punch and growl) but then again its a squier but its decent :) just wanted to let you guys know
    -mrhocson

2. sorry to hear about the passin of your daddy. play on in his memory. post some pics of it.

3. Post a pic when you get a chance, I'm sure I'm not the only one itching to see it. One of my favorite p-basses is a Squier and it's an awesome instrument that gets a lot of playing time.

4. Never get rid of that bass. Play the s%#t out of it. Buy yourself a nice hardcase for it and pass it on to your kids someday.

5. +1

i never plan on getting rid of my first bass, don't think i'm even going to upgrade it (even though it's desperate for one)

6. J. Crawford

J. Crawford Supporting Member

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    Man.. sorry to hear about your dad. Keep this bass forever and pass it onto your kids. Pete Wentz or not.. this is amazing.

You should Email Pete and tell him your story. I know a lot of guys dont like him, but he seems to be a nice guy.

Post pics when youre done!

7. atheos

atheos

Sep 28, 2008
    Tampere, Finland
    NEVER EVER sell your first bass! I did and I regretted it SOOO much after a year. Well, I eventually bought it back 3 years after selling it to a local music store. It was really a lucky coincidence since the guy who bought it from the music store was a friend of my friend. I consider myself lucky.

I have a Squier Hello Kitty Strat and it's really amazing guitar for the price. Being a Squier doesn't make an instrument automatically low quality. Not even if it was a Pete Wentz Squier (I've noticed that Pete doesn't get too much love at TB)... :D

8. spaz21387

spaz21387

Feb 25, 2008
    Portland oregon
    I thought the pete wentz p bass came stock with duncan quarterpounders. I know the first run of them did. I would check out nordstrand np4s those are the best pbass pickups I have used. And the only ones that are staying in my p bass. I still want to try delanos but I think those are going in my mim fender p/j jazz.

9. LCW

LCW Banned

Mar 2, 2009
    OREGON!
    those actually are good squiers although i am not a pete fan i would play one i just dont like the heart and bat wings thing on it other than that its a cool bass with me;)

10. I always say never sell your first bass, but heck, that goes much more so in this instance.

Sorry to hear about your father :(

Fire up some pics of that bad boy :)

11. thanks guys and yeah ill be sure to post pics soon :)

12. ill make a new thread with the pics on it :)