1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I must be a very bad person...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by bholder, Jan 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    Vestal, NY
    Received a gift from Sire* (see sig)
    kesslari, Immigrant, Bob_Ross and 5 others like this.
  2. the harp unstrung

the harp unstrung They’s only two things that money can’t buy... Gold Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2014
    On The Bus
    N.A.
    ...made me smile...

Allow me to join you?
    I'm a terrible, horrible, very bad person too! :thumbsup:

3. How would you know if it was from a dog?

4. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

I think the OP is a normal human being and Shkreli deserves that to happen on a daily basis.

5. Immigrant, ONYX, rapidfirerob and 2 others like this.
  6. catcauphonic

catcauphonic High Freak of the Low Frequencies Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2012
    Seattle WA
    I had to look him up ... Ohhhh, it's that guy!

He's not just a tool, he's the whole shed :rollno:

7. If you read the whole story he says... "He added that his security team determined it was “leaves” that he “brushed off” his face.

“The lack of smell, stain or other obvious findings eliminates the possibility," Shkreli said...."

I was disappointed after reading that...

8. TOOL460002

TOOL460002 Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Santa Cruz CA
    If you've seen the interview where he insists on playing chess (think it's Vice), you would wish dog poo canons to be on him 24/7. Comes off so arrogant. Never wrong. Showoff etc. Bring on the poo!

Immigrant likes this.
  9. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Yeah, the guy is a jerk. I get it. No arguing that.

However, this mess of college kids having their minds closed by Professor Ponytail Berkenstocks is starting to drive me nuts. Colleges are supposed to be the very places where INTELLECTUAL fights take place. They are supposed to be the places where you are given ALL sides of a story and taught how to research it and draw your own conclusions. But if you ever said one sentence that the snowflakes don't agree with, or if you worked for "the other side" at some point, you are to be silenced and shut down, even if they have to get arrested or damage property. These days, drawing a conclusion other than that of your professor has academic consequences.

What are they afraid of? It's as if they have literally been taught to FEAR allowing someone they disagree with to even speak somewhere near them.

It's sad. They're weak. And their squishy little brains are being bent to the point they actually think they are strong....and that running off speakers with whom they disagree.....and forming a mob to yell about something they dislike rather than actually changing the conversation...... are all some sort of victory. They are not. They changed nothing yesterday. They literally, and figuratively, flung poop. That's all.

Our country will remain split down the middle unless and until we start to listen to each other. I'm not saying we'll all agree with one another. We won't and we shouldn't. But throwing poop and shutting down the conversation altogether taught those students only one thing. They can shut down any speaker they disagree with even before hearing them long enough to know if they really disagree all that much.

Before you jump, walk across the room and pick up your knee that just jerk ed to the point of breaking off, and understand that I think what this guy did was deplorable. Not even debating that. I think shutting down ANY speaker at a college is ridiculous. Dictators, politicians on both sides, good businessmen and bad businessmen, and religious (or anti religious) figures from all walks of life can teach them something.

10. bholder

Sep 2, 2001
    Vestal, NY
    You need to be careful who you're calling "normal", there! :D

Pilgrim likes this.
  11. Lobster11

Lobster11 Supporting Member Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2006
    Williamsburg, VA
    One reason why we don't "listen to each other" is because of people expressing their views in vitriolic, insulting rhetoric like this.

12. buldog5151bass

buldog5151bass Kibble, milkbones, and P Basses. And redheads.

Oct 22, 2003
    Connecticut
    I support free speech, and people picketing and protesting. I do NOT support this. Things like this can result in injury or sickness, not to mention the possibility of furthering violence, inciting a riot. Colleges are places where groups far out on both sides of the political/economic/etc. Spectrum should be free to present their points of view.

13. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

i'm with bholder 's impulse, but i have to go with two fingers 's POV: better to let all points of view be heard. part of our current social 'conundrum', IMO, is that we want to tune out the opposition before they even make their point. it must be nice to be entitled.

tonequixote, Ben B and two fingers like this.
  14. bholder

Sep 2, 2001
    Vestal, NY
    Yeah, honestly I'm with two fingers generally. I don't think this turd's ideas are worth hearing, but I would express my opinion by simply not listening. Not really the violent dog poop flinging type IRL. Thread was more for the laugh than a serious approval of the actions.

JRA likes this.
  15. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

i know it was...and i'm still with your impulse...same as mine! :thumbsup:

16. bluesblaster

bluesblaster

Jan 2, 2008
    Seems to me he's been lucky to only have suffered this indignity, albeit quite humorous gesture thus far, being the unapologetic jerkweasel that he is

Immigrant and catcauphonic like this.
  17. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

The irony of starting an "intellectual" argument this way is just too much for me.

18. I'll bet it had dental floss and bits of undigested kibble still in/on it.

DiabolusInMusic and S-Bigbottom like this.
  19. two fingers

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    I'll listen to anybody. Their "style" of communication matters exactly zero to me.

20. two fingers

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    The intellectual part comes from disregarding style for substance....even if you disagree with the substance. I can have a conversation with anyone over any subject. They can be loud and obnoxious or timid. They can be 180 degrees opposite from my view on the given topic.

Refusal to have the conversation, or even allow the conversation to occur, is the entitled snowflake punk's way out. :thumbsup: And they get that way by being "educated" and endoctrinated by entitled snowflake punks.

tonequixote and Bass_Pounder like this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.