1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

"I must be crazy" GAS attack, aggie vs genz

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by melodicly, Apr 24, 2010.

1. melodicly

melodicly

Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Maybe some of you guys can talk some sense into me.

So I just traded my RBI for the Tone Hammer and I am quite happy I must say, EXCEPT that I am still lugging this power amp around. Sale of the Tone Hammer, QSC, power conditioner and 4 space rack would cover a Shuttle 9.0. 500W at 8ohms is perfect for my fEarful, 900W at 4ohms should be PLENTY for both cabs and it fits in my gig bag (~20lbs lighter too). The only thing it doesn't do is bi-amp, but I have never done that anyway. If there was a Tone Hammer with 500W@8ohms, I'd be all over it, but it seems the closest is the GB 9. My reading leads me to believe that they are both pretty transparent (which I like) with very flexible eqs (even better). Other than the want for freq markers on the TH mid knob, I am happy with the eq as it seems quite flexible, musical and just easy to work with. I would imagine the GB is the same. I have found the AGS to be a great tool for many different uses (even great guitar!) and am curious if the tube gain on the GB can do the same (and maybe more?)

So those of you who have tried both can you give me a description of some difference between these two? Is there any reason why I shouldn't do this?

:bag:

Thanks guys,

Dale