Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I need $5,000 for a car how?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by steve-o, Nov 11, 2003.

1. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    how can i get $5,000 for a car.i have 1,000 now but need another 5 grand to get it.

its from private seller. im 19. have an ok job.
    im trying to sell some of my other bass gear.

but im new to this thing..any suggestions?

and o its a '98 turbo neon running 12's in the quater...any corvette owners want to go?

hehe

steve

2. Sell some organs and blood.

3. Danny R.

Danny R. Supporting Member

Rob a bank, sell sperm, rent your body, get a second and third job, go sell oranges at the freeway exit (Florida oranges are the best IMO) ;)

4. Davehenning

Davehenning

Aug 9, 2001
    Los Angeles

5. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    all good ideas..but i don' think i can do any of them..maybe the second job...

steve

6. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    Have you tried scratch off lotto?

:smug:

7. People win the scratch off lottos all the time.

It would be like : "Hey I won 2 bucks !". Although you pay a dollar for the scratch, but thats still one dollar closer. :)

8. Give me some stuff and I'll give you my brother's car!

9. NV43345

NV43345

Apr 1, 2003
    Is this going to be a street race car, or a
    local Dragstrip car? If your going to run at a
    Drag Strip, you could round up some sponsor money.
    Check with some local wrecker services,they like to advertise on race car's. Do some asking around
    at your track, sometimes you may get lucky and hook up with someone who used to race and is older
    now and has money to invest. Do some networking.
    OR...every member of TalkBass could send you a
    dollar.:)

10. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    Lower your standards.

11. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    mostly a street car..some strip i actually have another race car. sponsors are to much trouble sometimes..be there, done that, got the t-shirt. stared in the movie

lower my standards? so if i have to take a loan i shouldn't get a car? um ok.

steve

12. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Get a loan!! :oops:

I get 2 or 3 letter every day from companies offering me "great deals " on loans - every ad break on TV has companies saying they can organise a loan from 8-15 thousand - they can even help people who have been turned down before etc. etc. !!

Financial services companies are everywhere - offering loans for everything at every rate imaginable!! :rolleyes:

13. NV43345

NV43345

Apr 1, 2003
    I understand. I am an old street racer myself, so I know how important it is for you to have that car.:)

14. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    well at 19 is alittle hard..so im going to talk to my mother tonight and see if she can co-sign

steve

15. NV43345

NV43345

Apr 1, 2003
    What about a student loan ?
    just a thought:)

16. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    im going to college next summer..so im going to use that for college.

steve

17. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    well i do need a car...and if i get a car im goign to spend money on it anyways..so this way its already done.

i do have another car but thats getting taken apart to get redone. '73 plymouth scamp.

which im sure i can make some money off the car at the track....whens the last time you saw a 12 second neon on the street?

that and im going to get into scca racing..so this car is great. put a cage in it im all set to go bet some porsches and vettes

steve

18. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    So, have you been at the track when it got the 12 second 1/4? I'd be skeptical, just because somebody dumped a lot of parts and money into a car doesn't mean they did a good job...Ask for receipts for any parts and labor done, and before and after photos. Most likely, a guy who is serious about his ride has these on file.

5k for a '98 Neon? It better be cherry. For that amount you can get a decent 5.0 if you look hard enough. No matter what kind of turbo, nitrous, etc system he's running, there's no replacement for displacement.

19. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    actaully it is 6 grand..and a neon running 12's is awsome..im a mopar guy.so no 5.0's for me
    he does have all the reciepts.

i think its well worth it.

and i know all about displacement..i have two older mopars

steve

20. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    I thought you quit your job Steve o?