1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I need a band...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by oniman7, Jun 27, 2012.

1. My first band fell apart after some 18 or so gigs.

Never thought I'd be a performer.

Now I'm having anxiety without a project to participate in and a goal to achieve. I miss playing out. I had a ton of ideas for fun things to do on stage and nothing to do with them.

You know you've hit rock bottom when you're trawling every part of every local Craigslist looking for a band...

2. TheoFly

TheoFly

Nov 4, 2008
    Charlotte, NC
    LOL ... I know how you feel. Try being over 60 and not wanting to play "Classic Rock". It seems like that is all the other old geezers want to play ... makes me wanna puke. If you suggest a chord progression to improv over you just get blank stares.

There is always Band In A Box!

3. I'm with ya. I'm band less for the first time in almost 20 years. I've always gone from one band into the next without taking a real break between.

I hate downtime. I'm on vacation this week, and have been hitting the CL ads every day, and hitting TB for all the usual craziness.

One thing for sure. TB has really changed the way I look at music. Back in the day, there wasn't a place to go for advise about bands or gear. Now, we can just hit TB and see how to avoid all the mistakes we've all made through the years.

4. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    I quit my last band because it was commingle more like a job, and a source of stress.

I discovered shortly afterward, that I now have no outlet for the stresses of my day job. I'm working on putting something together to help me blow off steam, and get me some free drinks once in a while.

I hadn't paid for a beer at the bar in something like 10 years. It was a real shock the first time I went out when I wasn't gigging!